Surface-69

Song of the chapter- 'I Have Nothing' by Whitney Houston

-Harry-

I spent the next couple of days drunk, unable to cope with Erin being gone as well as Louis now knowing my secret. He was looking at me like I was wounded and I wanted to hit him upside the head for it. I had told him that that was what I didn't want. I had made him swear to secrecy, not wanting Liam, Zayn, or Simon know. If Simon found out, I don't know what I'd do if I had to have a meeting about it.

Our interviews the next couple of days were shit for me and I think everyone noticed that I was off. I had a cast on my arm and bruises on my other hand, making interviewers question me constantly about it. It hurt me to talk about, so Louis almost always covered for me, saying that I had accidentally slammed my car door on my hand. It was a probable story since I was constantly clumsy and ditsy onstage and it was definitely something I'd do. But, I was so tired of lying.

They asked me about Erin, and I lied, saying we were still together because I couldn't bare coming to terms with the fact that we were done. But we needed to be. We needed to be done with each other before she absolutely destroyed me.

The fans had been noticing my upset attitude and depressed mood. Twitter was active with pictures of me staring at the ground during interviews and not being able to look at Zayn. Zayn has tried his best to make amends and had even told me that he helped Erin out when she couldn't get home in the storm, but I still couldn't look at him. I couldn't accept his apology yet because it was so fresh that it hurt to breathe still. And he had tried so hard, along with Louis, to get me back to normal and to make stupid jokes and laugh with them, but I was hungover during the interviews or I was still drunk.

And sober Harry was no match for drunk Harry because drunk Harry was stronger, had more sass, and didn't give a fuck. Sober Harry was weak and cried all the time, but drunk Harry was numb and didn't feel pain. And clearly, drunk Harry was winning by a mile.

"Haz, C'mon. You to get going or Paul's going to kill us," Liam's voice came from outside my door, making me groan as I rolled over and out of bed, opening the door. He was already dressed for our interview. It was on a talk show, so he was wearing black jeans and a suit jacket, eyeing my sweatpants and t shirt with an unimpressed glance.

"What time do we have to be there?"  I asked quietly, trying so hard to be strong in front of him, but I couldn't seem to meet his eyes.

"You need to be ready in an hour, so you better take a shower and pick out something nice, otherwise I think Caroline is here. She could pick something for you," his voice was kind and soft, he probably knew that I was hung over again.

"Can you have her pick something out and set it on my bed so I can have it after I shower?" I asked, to which he nodded.

"Of course..." he whispered. "Hey Haz?"

"Yeah?" I turned around because he had just called me as I had started to walk away.

"Come here," he held his arms open slightly and I sighed, walking into his arms and basking in his warmth. His arms comforted me in a tight hug, his hands rubbing my back a little. "It'll all be okay. Louis and I, we'll look out for you, alright?  We'll make sure you don't have to talk as much.  Okay?"he reassured. I vaguely wondered if he could read my mind as well as Louis could and nodded against his shoulder before pulling away.

"Okay," I choked out.

"Take a shower, you'll feel better," he said gently, touching my arm. I nodded and he closed my door when he left, leaving me to get ready. I stripped out of my clothes instantly and turned the shower incredibly hot, trying to get my freezing body to warm up. Lately, I had been freezing and I wasn't able to warm myself up. And even though my body temperature was normal, I still felt cold.