Chapter Eleven | Do or Die

NOAH'S POV

"She still isn't talking to either of you?" I ask as I stare at Gabriella and Jaxon. They're both sitting across from me at the kitchen table in Liam's house, eating food they found in the fridge.

"No," Gabby frowns and from her red eyes, I can tell she's been crying a lot because Alaina hasn't talked to her since the night of the party. Which was yesterday. Not even twenty-four hours ago.

"What about you?" I kick Ax's leg.

His head snaps up towards me and he growls. "Fuck off."

"Don't get pissed at me when you're not doing anything," I tell him, narrowing my eyes.

"Because Liam told us not to. He told us to wait for tonight."

"For what? So she can shift? So he can make her a part of the pack? You seriously want that?" I shout at them and Gabriella furrows her brows.

"It's better than her being on her own." He shouts back.

"You don't even know her!"

"Neither do you! But, look where we are now!"

"ENOUGH!" Gabriella jumps up suddenly, causing her chair to fall back and her cup to fall over. It spills all over the table and Jaxon and I quickly scoot back. "I'm sick of it. Shut up, just shut up!" She screams.

"Gabby-"

"No, shut up. I'm serious." She smacks the back of Jaxon's head and he gasps. "I'm sick of you both acting like spoiled little girls. This isn't about you! It's about Alaina." She walks around the table and heads towards the front door.

"Where are you going?" I snap as she grabs her keys off the hook.

"I'm going to see my best friend. Since I'm the only one doing something because you're not doing anything either." She seethes, her eyes narrowing at me. "I mean, why would you? She's not even your friend."

Gabby slams the door behind her, causing Jaxon and I to jump in our seats. "Fuck," he whispers and slowly shakes his head. "What the hell are we supposed to do?!"

"Do what Liam said," I repeat what he had recently said, "what for tonight."

His eyes flicker over to mine and he sighs. "Full moon."

.

ALAINA'S POV

"You know, signs say that when someone stays in bed all day, that means they're depressed."

"Is that so?" I mumble as I stare at the little twelve-year-old girl sitting on the floor of my bedroom with her notebooks and markers.

"Mm," she nods as she pushes up her fake glasses and readjusts her pink bow tie. "Now," she uncaps her marker as she puts her notebook in her lap before looking up at me, "tell me what's bothering you."

"There's a little girl in my room," I say without missing a beat. Not realizing what I said, or she just doesn't care, she writes down what I said. "And she won't leave me alone."

"Won't... leaveee..... alonn...nuuhh..." She nods to herself before looking back up at me. "Have you ever thought of using a spray bottle and spraying the little nuisance? It works amazingly well with cats. One spray has them running for the hills." She states, her voice monotone.

"I'm thinking about it now."

"Ah," she nods and begins writing something else down.

I lean up abruptly and look down at her. "What are you writing down?" I ask.