Chapter Thirty-Three | Terrified

NOAH'S POV

She let go of my hand.

Why did she let go of my hand?

A frown appears on my lips as Alaina turns away from me and looks at the ground. I feel my heart pounding in my chest and I force myself to take a step away from her. She's making me act out again.

I run my hand through my hair as I turn away from her and begin walking away. Uneven breaths leave my lips and I try to keep them all inside. This is all getting to be too much.

I've never felt this goddamn pain before and I fucking hate it. I hate feeling worried about her all the time, and that was just at first. Now I have to deal with all the fucking jealousy from that kid. First, he tried stealing Alaina from me, and now he's stealing my best friend.

As soon as we went into that haunted house, I knew Alaina was going to freak out. I knew she wasn't going to be able to handle it, but I didn't say anything because Gabby would have stabbed me or something. The only reason I went in was to make sure that she would be okay.

And now I'm on my own again.

.

"Noah!"

I look away from the basketball hoop to see Ax running towards me me at full speed. My brows raise when he stops suddenly and grips the straps of his string bag. "What?" I mumble before shooting the ball I have in my hands into the hoop.

He stares at me in confusion and when I look back over at him, I groan softly. "What? What's the problem now? I came with you, what else do you fucking want?" I snap.

Ax continues staring at me and I feel my anger rising. "Why aren't you hanging out with us? We're all here as a group for Gabby's birthday and you're just wandering around by yourself."

"Because I don't want to be around that fucking asshole," I state, turning back to the booth to grab another basket ball.

"You don't even know him, Noah." He groans impatiently.

"Wanna know what I know?" I glance over at him with an arched brow. "Ever since that prick showed up, all you and Alaina care about is him."

He rolls his eyes instantly, "You sound like such a girl. I thought I told you to quit acting like a pussy and just-"

"And I thought I told you to back off!" I bark at him and his eyes widen. "Go mind your own fucking business, Ax. I'm not playing this time," I say as I shake my head and his face begins turning red as his eyes glow in irritation. "Go."

I turn away from him and grab another basketball, lining up to shoot it. When I go to shoot, it's ripped out of my hands and I turn back to see Ax pop the ball with claws. "What the hell is wrong with you?" He barks back as he drops the flat ball down onto the ground.

"Don't start with this shit again," I shake my head at him as I begin walking away, but he decides to follow me.

"No, I'm not fucking finished." He grabs my arm and forces me to turn back to him. "What the hell is your problem?!"

"Alaina!" I shout, my eyes wide and my arms flying out to show how stressed I am. "She's my fucking problem! She's driving me fucking insane and I can't fucking focus on anything! And it's all her fault! Every time I go to sleep or when I wake up, it's Alaina, Alaina, Alaina. When I'm eating breakfast or driving: Alaina, Alaina, Alaina!" I run my fingers through my hair and his eyes widen slightly. "And she won't leave my fucking head, ever! I can't stop thinking about her, I just can't stop. And it's so irritating!"

"Wow," he mutters, staring at me in shock before his lip tilts up into a smirk. "She has you whipped like a mother fucker."

I blow a breath out through my nose as my eyes roll. He continues smirking at me and I feel my annoyance increasing. "You know what you're supposed to do right?" His brow arches as mine furrow.

"What?" I sigh.

"You gotta kiss her. And this time," he pauses as I stare at him with wide eyes, "I'm being completely serious. If you kiss her, your mind's gonna clear up just like that." He snaps his fingers and I feel my cheeks heat up.

"I can't kiss her," I state through gritted teeth.

"Why the hell not? Give me an actual reason as to why you can't kiss Alaina?"

I stare at him in silence, feeling my heart pound rapidly in my chest. God, I hate feeling like this. I hate it so much. She shouldn't have this much control over me, it isn't fair. No one else has ever had control over me before and now, Alaina just waltzes into my life and takes over. Just by smiling, I'm already hers.

She's the only person I've felt contented to in a long time, and the only person I've only ever had a connection with was Ax. And now there's Alaina. A girl with a big, shy smile and hazel eyes that can turn purple. Her red cheeks and long hair. She's so perfect and by only being with her for longer than a month, she's already became one of the most important people to me.

"She's important to me," I whisper as I stare down at the ground. "And I'm absolutely terrified to lose her."

Ax's brows raise at my sudden honesty and I finally look back up at him. "Please don't tell me you're in love with her-" He begins cringing and my eyes widen.

"No, what the fuck?!" I shout at him and he shoves my shoulder.

"Calm down!" He tells me and I feel my cheeks heating up again as I bite down on my bottom lip. "Okay, okay! You don't want to lose Alaina by professing your feelings for her, and Noah, I'm being completely honest with you, dude. She likes you back."

"And how do you know that?" I ask nervously, regretting letting too much show.

"Have you seen her?" His brow arches and I feel my eyes widen in annoyance.

"Have you seen me?!" I return anxiously.

"Shut up," he rolls his eyes, "Alaina likes you back, Noah, you just have to go after her before someone else takes her. Okay? Now, come on, look." He wraps his arm around my shoulders and turns me around to see something. He points to a booth far down by the haunted house we were in about an hour ago, showing me Alaina and Gabby playing a ring toss game. They're both smiling like psychopaths when Gabby tosses one of the rings way too hard and ends up smashing the bottle.

"What about them?" I sigh, not taking my eyes off of Alaina as she grins widely at Gabby. Suddenly, Alaina's eyes turn purple and she subconsciously grabs her wrist, still laughing as Gabby throws another ring.

A moment later my tattoo begins to tingle and I grasp my collarbone, causing Ax to look over me. "Go over there," he demands and I look over at him for a second before turning back to Alaina, "and kiss her."

"Kiss her?!"

"Yes! Don't over think it!" He tells me before giving me a little push in their direction. I bite down on my bottom lip as I glance back at him, my face contorting and turn bright red. He waves me to go forward, "Gooooo!"

I huff out a breath as I roll my eyes and I turn back around. I go to take another step towards them, but stop instantly when Moose joins them with a giant smile on his ugly mug and a unicorn stuff animal.

I grit my teeth, feeling my emotions change without hesitation. Alaina looks over at Moose and her once big smile now softens as he hands Gabby the stuffed animal.

"You got me this?" I hear her ask him as I continue staring at Alaina. And it seems as if Moose hasn't taken his eyes off of her either.

.