Chapter 17

I awoke early the next morning and noticed that everyone was awake. Raven usually woke up early, but Tai and Qrow preferred to sleep in.

I slowly rose out of bed to greet everyone.
"Morning everyone. You're up early," I said, smiling.

"We figured the earlier we could do this, the faster it would get done. I'm a bit stressed about it. What if we're being expelled?" Raven asked.

I walked over to her and placed my hand on her shoulder and smiled reassuringly.
"I'm sure that's not the case. It's most likely about our last mission."

I got ready quickly and met the others outside of the elevator.

"Are you ready to do this?" Tai asked.

"Not really," I admitted.

Qrow kissed me quickly. "Things will be alright."

I blushed a bit. "I hope so..."

When we arrived to Ozpin's office, he was waiting for us. He didn't have his usual smile. His face looked serious.

"Thank you for meeting with me today, team STRQ. How are you all feeling?"

"I think we're fairing well," I replied.

"Glad to hear it. Let's head inside. We have quite a bit to talk about."

We followed him inside in silence. Once he was sat behind his desk, he motioned for us to sit in the chairs that were in front of it. After we had sat down, he leaned forward and began to speak.

"Now I know of the... events that transpired on your mission. The information that I'm about to share with you four is confidential. I ask that you do not share it with anyone. With that said, I need you all to turn off your scrolls."

Confused, we all did what he asked and turned them off.

"Professor... why do you want our scrolls off?" Tai asked.

"For security reasons. Now about your mission. Summer, I would like for you to try and remember what happened."

I did my best to tell him about the mission, but my memory was a bit blurred. After I had finished, Ozpin leaned back and was quiet for a moment.

"So it was a success. Just like I thought it would be," he said quietly.

"What's that supposed to mean?! We still have no idea why you called us here. Will you please just tell us what the hell is going on?!" Raven yelled.

Ozpin smiled. "What's your favorite fairy tale, Raven?"

Raven looked angry and confused.
"What? How does that have anything to do with—"

"I like the one about the seasons," I said, interrupting her.

Ozpin turned to me. "Ah, yes. The four maidens. Have you heard about the one about the silver eyes?"

"No... I don't think so," I replied.

"Well, it is said that silver eyes is a rare trait. Those that are born with them are supposedly destined to lead the life of a warrior. You see, the creatures of Grimm are weak to those silver eyes."

We all looked at each other.

"So? It's just a fairy tale," Raven snapped. "It's not real!"

Ozpin looked dead in her eyes.
"What Summer did wasn't a coincidence. I've been waiting for this moment since she arrived at Beacon."

"So... these silver eyes can kill Grimm?" Tai asked.

Ozpin nodded. "Yes. But their power doesn't end there. There's reports that some silver eyed warriors can see the future. Just like your leader has."

"Wait... how did you know that?" I asked.

"I... may have told him about it," Qrow replied.

I turned to him. "You told him?! But I specifically told you not to!"

"I know. But this was too important not to say something. Especially when it affects your own team. I had to tell him, Summer."

I growled under my breath. I would have to deal with him later.

"There's not much information about the silver eyes. There are theories on how the powers awaken. Being in stressful situations is one of them," Ozpin explained. "I had to test the theory, and I can say with certainty that there is some truth behind it."

Raven stood from her chair.
"So... those difficult missions you put us on... that was on purpose?! Just to get Summer to use her eyes?! What is wrong with you?!" she yelled. "One of us could've died out there!"

"I am aware. But I knew you could handle them. Now, would you please sit down? I have more to discuss with you."

I took Raven's hand to keep her from leaving.
"Please stay," I begged.

Raven sat down slowly. "Fine."

"Thank you," Ozpin said. "These silver eyes warriors can be incredibly powerful. Which is why I would like to start training you, Summer."

I was taken by surprise. "Why?"

"There are powerful Grimm in this world Summer. And you are the first silver eyed warrior I have seen in a long time. I would like to keep Remnent safe. And I will need your help."

I nodded. "Okay. I'll be happy to help you, Professor."

"Wait. What about us?" Qrow asked.

"I would simply ask you three to keep Summer safe," Ozpin said.

"We can do that," Tai asked.

Raven nodded in agreement.

"That is all I wish to discuss with you for the time being. Thank you for your time, team STRQ."

After we had left Ozpin's office, Raven became even more frustrated.
"What the hell was that? He left us with more questions than answers. Why does he want us to protect Summer? What does this silver eyed stuff have to do with anything?"

"Raven... calm down. I'm sure Ozpin will answer any questions you have later," I said, trying to soothe her.

She glared at me. "And you still trust him after he basically forced us to take on those missions? All he wanted was to awaken your silver eyes. He didn't care about anything else!"

"That's not true at all! He checked on me when I was unconscious. That shows he cares some, right?" I asked.

"He probably just wanted to see if you are still alive," she snapped.

With that, she stormed out of the dorm.
"I'll go after her," Tai said, leaving a few moments later.

"Do you... believe what Raven said? Does Ozpin not care about us?" I asked Qrow.

Qrow sighed. "Raven... is very opinionated. She has her own view of the world and expects everyone else to see the same way. That being said, I don't think Ozpin has given us a reason to not trust him. Not yet anyway. Plus Raven has a lot of trust issues. Don't worry though, she'll come back."

I sniffled as tears ran down my cheeks. "I hope so. I can't help but worry about her."

Qrow wiped the tears away gently and kissed me. "You're too kind for this world, Summer."

I wrapped my arms around him as I gazed out the window. I felt as if I was being watched, but I didn't see anything unusual. I blinked a few times and buried my face against Qrow. Maybe it was a figment of my imagination.