Chapter 34

Raven had fully recovered within the next few days. I was relieved. The Vytal Festival was set to begin in the next few weeks, and my team wouldn't be able to compete if Raven wasn't fully healed.

"So," I said, "got any plans for the upcoming festival?" I asked my team as they were preparing for class.

Raven shook her head. "Not really. Besides kicking another team's ass."

"I'm looking forward to that, too. And the food stands," Tai replied.

Our conversation was cut short by a knock on the door.

"I'll get it," Qrow said, walking toward the door.

When he opened the door, I was surprised to see Professor Ozpin standing in the doorway.

"Oh. This is a pleasant surprise. Is there
something we can help you with, Professor?" Qrow asked.

Ozpin nodded with a slight smile on his lips. "There is, Mister Branwen. I would like to go over the Vytal Festival and what I expect from your team. May I come in?"

Qrow nodded, then moved out of the way to let him pass. "Of course."

"Thank you," Ozpin said, walking into the dorm room.

He looked over at Raven, who was sitting on the bed.
"You seem to be feeling better," Ozpin said.

She nodded. "I am. Tai healed me."

His face became intrigued and he walked a bit closer to Tai.
"Is that so? How did you manage that, Tai?"

Tai shifted uncomfortably. "I... I don't know. I remember that I was in distress and that I really wanted to help Raven. Then my aura activated and started to heal her. I always thought my semblance was durability. Not this healing thing..."

Ozpin put his hand on Tai's shoulder, trying to comfort him.
"Your semblance can change if you're willing to put in the time and effort. Emotions can also effect them. Whatever the case, it seems that you're becoming an important asset to your team. I'm proud of your progress."

Tai smiled at him. "Thanks. That means a lot."

Ozpin's hand dropped to his side as he turned to face all of us.
"Now... I would like to discuss the tournament with the four of you. I know you all are very excited to compete this year. However, I must ask you to be cautious on the battlefield. I understand that you are very strong and capable fighters. But there might be cases where the opponents are not as strong as you are. I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt during the festival I'm hosting this year."

"We understand, Professor. We'll be very careful," I promised.

Ozpin turned to me. "And you, Miss Rose... Your training has been going splendidly. But I must ask that you don't use your silver eyed powers under any circumstances. Do you understand?"

I nodded. "I do. I think I have my powers under control."

I hope, I thought.

Ozpin smiled. "I'm certain that you do. That is all I wanted to discuss with you today. I hope you all enjoy yourselves at the festival."

We watched as he walked out of the room, shutting the door quietly behind him.

"That was weird," Raven said.

"What was weird?" Qrow asked.

"He shouldn't have to tell us any of that. We know what we're getting into. And we wouldn't hurt anyone. At least not on purpose," Raven replied.

"Yeah. But I understand why he doesn't want me to use my silver eyes. I mean... I have made some enemies around here," I said.

"I wouldn't worry about it. You're a great fighter, Summer. From what I've seen you can control your powers pretty well now," Qrow replied, smiling at me.

I grinned back. "You're the best."

"Do you think we should train a bit beforehand?" Tai asked.

"We've been through enough as it is. We can handle this Vytal Festival," Raven said.

"Yeah. We'll kick some ass!" Qrow exclaimed, pumping his fists.

I laughed. "Well, I'm glad everyone is excited. I just wish the tournament would get here sooner..."

Raven quickly stood to her feet.
"Tai, combat class starts in five minutes. We better head there before we're late."

"Oh. Yeah, sure. I'll catch you guys later," he said, following Raven out the door.

Qrow and I were quiet for a moment. I still felt uneasy about the tournament. What if my powers activated? A million thoughts raced through my head.

"You seem quiet. Something on your mind?" Qrow asked.

I turned to him. "What if my powers activate? Or what will happen if I hurt someone during the fight? I'm still not certain that I have my powers completely controlled. I'm—"

Qrow cut me off by kissing my lips. The kiss was long and passionate. As the kiss prolonged, I felt myself start to relax. All of my worries and doubts seemed to fade away.
After our lips parted, his eyes looked directly into mine.

"Summer... everything is going to be okay. And even if things aren't, I'll be by your side. I love you."

"I love you, too. Sorry if I worry too much," I whispered.

His arms wrapped around me gently and pulled me closer. I rested my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes.

"I have a fun idea. Maybe it'll help get your mind off things," Qrow suggested.

I looked up at him. "What might that be?"

He smiled. "How about you and I go on a date tonight? A proper one."

"That does sound nice. I would love to," I said, kissing his cheek.

"It's a date then," he said, kissing me back.