T H R E E

«Le Dernier Spectacle D'images»

     Clemintine remained at the distraught building well into the darkness of the night. She decided to plan for the next day, which then led to planning for the whole week. When she finally left the comforts of the class room to begin her journey home, the lights in the halls suddenly went out. She gripped the strap of her backpack. The hall was only being lit by a dim light in the distance. She could hear the sound of low grunts. She carefully rounded the corner, her hand digging deep into her bag in search for her pepper spray. The sight of a boy being beaten caused the girl to extract her pepper spray from her bag, pointing it in the direction of the commotion. "Get off him or I'll shoot!" The sentence alone was enough for the two boys to take off into a sprint, leaving the battered victim without a second glance.

Clemintine knelt down to the boys side. "Jughead?" Her voice held concern for her friend. The boy coughed, gasping for air. His arms wrapped around his abdomen, clutching his aching sides. "Shit. Come on. I'll get you home." The blonde helped the beanie boy up. She picked up his things, stuffing the famous beanie inside his bag.

Once at FP Jones' trailer, Clemintine attended to Jughead's wounds. She had managed to clean the ones on his sides and arms, but the boy struggled as she moved to work on his face.

"Who were those guys?" Clemintine knew that Jughead wouldn't have gone looking for a fight on purpose.

Jughead held a bag of ice to his face, which was prepared by Clemintine. "The Ghoulies. They're the Serpents biggest rival." He kept the answer short, she didn't need to be involved and he knew she wouldn't press for a better explanation.

"That's it." Clemintine rose from her seat. "I'm going to school with you tomorrow."

"To protect me? I'll be fine, Clemmie. You're far enough behind as it is."

"No, Jug. You're more important than that."

Jughead looked the thin girl up and down. "No offense, but you're not much of a threat."

Clemintine sat back down. "At least let me give you a ride to school, considering that your bike is still there." Jughead gave in, taking his friends offer. The girl stayed another hour before Jughead insisted that he was fine and that she should get some rest.

🐍

"I'm going to call your name and I want you to stand." Clemintine sat on the desk, swinging her legs back and forth, the note cards resting in her lap. The class groaned which caused a smile to form on Clemintine's lips.

"Cait." The brunette from the day before stood. "I'll ask you a question and you get to ask me one." Cait nodded. "What's your favorite ice cream flavor?"

"Mint chocolate chip." The girl licked her lips just thinking about it. "What's yours?"

"All." Cait nodded in approval and took a seat.

"Fangs." The familiar boy stood, adjusting the collar of his jacket. "Why are you named Fangs?"

The boy turned around, showing off the snake on his back. "Plus it sounds cool." He turned back around. Clemintine's eyes held disbelief as if that wasn't the true story behind his name. "You wanna go out sometime?" He sat back down. He seemed pretty confident that she would give him the answer he wanted.