T H I R T E E N

« Le Engoulevent »

"The hard parts over." Toni jumped down from her bar stool.

"Now what?" Clemintine questioned.

"Now," Jughead placed his hand on Clemintine's shoulder. "you get to dance."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" FP questioned.

Clemintine nodded. "I don't want this, FP. I need this. With my mom gone, I need it more than ever."

"Let's get this started then." FP walked up onto the stage.

"The second your underwear shows, you're done." Jughead informed her.

"Thanks Juggy." Clemintine smiled.

"Sunny." FP motioned for her to walk up to the stage.

The music began. Clemintine didn't recognize the song that Toni chose, but rolled with it anyway. With her eyes closed, Clemintine removed her jacket. She gripped the pole, beginning to spin around it. Her movements flowed as she danced on the pole.

The girl's leggings were next to come off, revealing her black, spandex shorts. FP adverted his eyes, smacking the back of an older Serpents head who had yet to look away. Clemintine removed her blouse just as the Wyrm's doors opened. Toni and Jughead shared a terrified look as Fangs sent them a just as scared one.

Sweet Pea stormed up the stage, putting Clemintine's jacket back on her shoulders. "What were you thinking?" He guided her off stage. "Why would you let her on that pole, Jones? She's got a target on her back from the Black Hood. Joining the Serpents only makes that target bigger."

"Why do you care if she becomes a Serpent or not? You beat that Sinclair kid for her." Fangs defended.

"You what?" Clemintine took her clothes from Toni, making her way to the exit.

"Sunny, wait." Sweet Pea followed her out.

"You lied to me, Sweet Pea." Clemintine didn't stop, even when it began to rain. It always seemed to rain in these situations. Who would have guessed that Riverdale was such a gloomy place.

"He hurt you, Sunny. Why do you care what happens to the asshole?"

She finally stopped. She turned around to face him. "You could have killed him. You could have ended up in jail. Do you ever think of the consequences?"

"He deserved what he got, Sunny."

Clemintine sighed. Her shoulders fell. "I guess that's a no." She turned back around and got into her car, driving away.

🐍

The funeral for Lucinda Bartholdy had almost all of Riverdale in attendance. Clemintine greeted the attendees as they entered, her friends giving their condolences to her and her family.

"Hey, Sunny." Jughead greeted, Toni, Fangs, and Sweet Pea close by. "How are you holding up?"

"I was asked to give a speech." Clemintine faked a smile. "Thank you for coming." Her eyes locked with Sweet Pea's, then suddenly went to Jughead's. "I'm sorry I couldn't make it to FP's party."

"Don't worry about it. He decided not to retire anyway." Jughead brushed it off.

"That's great, Jug." She smiled. "The service is about to begin. Do you guys want to sit with me?" The three nodded, walking behind her to meet her family. "Dad, Julian. These are my friends." Clemintine introduced.