T W E L V E

«Un baiser avant de mourir»

     Joaquin stayed with her for as long as he could. When he eventually had to skip town again, Clemintine was left in the Chock-lit Shoppe alone. But it wasn't for long.

Cheryl and Kevin walked inside, their eyes almost immediately landing on the blonde teens lonely frame.

"What's our little sunshine doing alone?" Cheryl slipped into the booth where Joaquin once was, the handsome Kevin sliding in after her.

"Just needed some alone time." Clemintine stirred her straw through her half empty glass.

"What possibly for?" Cheryl further questioned like the busy body she was.

"Her and Reggie broke up." Kevin whispered, but Clemintine could still hear.

Cheryl looked at Clemintine after glancing at Kevin. "It was for that tone deaf cat, wasn't it? No need to worry, cousin. What other boys are in your life?"

Clemintine's eyes moved from Cheryl's to Kevin's, both waiting expectantly. "He's... I don't think I should be with him. Just because I know my parents, and most of my friends, would hate him."

"Here's what you're gonna do." Kevin shifted in his seat. "One."

"Don't pick up the phone when he calls." Cheryl finished for him. "Two."

Kevin held up a finger for each rule. "Don't let him into your house, car, nothing."

"Three." Cheryl carried on.

"Don't be his friend."

"Wait, what?" Clemintine's face showed that of confusion.

Kevin and Cheryl shared a look. "If you're around him, you're not getting over him." Kevin finished off the short list of rules.

Clemintine fidgeted with the sleeves of her sweater under the table. "But when I'm around him, I can almost forget everything that's wrong in my life."

"Either follow the rules and be miserable," Cheryl shrugged, a knowing look on her face. "or don't follow them and be just as miserable. Either way, you won't be your bubbly self."

The blondes signature smile graced her features, though it was forced. "Thank you. Both of you."

🐍

Once receiving a text from Fangs that Sweet Pea was preoccupied, Toni drove herself and Clemintine to the Wyrm, completely ignoring that Clemintine already had the address.

Every Serpent waited for them at the bar, each one wondering why they were asked to come.

Due to FP's announcement of retirement from his second family, Tall Boy would be the one to initiate the Northsider.

"If you even hesitate, you're gone." Tall Boy hissed like the Serpent he was. Clemintine nodded in understanding. He began to yell at Clemintine, demanding each of the laws. She had soared through it almost flawlessly, just as Toni knew she would.

"Next step is easy." Jughead prepared Clemintine. "Just retrieve the knife." As he moved, exposing the girls view to her next task, she let out a gasp.

"There's a snake."

Toni blocked the girls line of view. "Just worry about the knife. Once you have a hold on it, don't hesitate."

Clemintine nodded, moving past her friends, to the snake. Her blue eyes found the blade, sitting beside the snakes hissing head. With her eyes closing, Clemintine slowly lowered her hand inside. She grasped the object tightly. She ripped her hand out, the snake successfully piercing it's fangs into Clemintine's hand.