E I G H T

«Le Week-end Perdu»

     "What?" Clemintine paced her room. "That kid is in for it."

"Nick made him buy it, Clemmie." Archie answered. He seemed upset.

Clemintine closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath. "Still doesn't mean he should have bought it. Could have bought a package of Pixy-Stix and it would have had the same effect."

"Reggie didn't know the consequences. Don't take this out on him." Archie continued to defend his fellow Bulldog.

"I know, I know." Clemintine calmed herself. "Are you alright though? You sound upset."

Archie sighed loudly. "Betty broke up with Jughead and I had to deliver the news."

"Shit, Arch, I'm sorry." That had to be hard for anyone, considering Betty and Jughead were both Archie's best friend. Clemintine turned around, jumping back slightly. Sweet Pea stood at the balcony, his eyes on the blonde. He looked as if he had been deep in thought seconds before and his thumb was resting on the edge of his lips. "I gotta go Arch, I'll call you tomorrow."

Clemintine hung up the phone, placing it onto her nightstand and made her way to the balcony. "What are you doing here?"

Sweet Pea passed her, looking around the room with his eyes. "Left my jacket here last night."

"You're lucky my brother didn't ask questions." Clemintine bent down to reach under her bed, removing the leather item from its confines. Clemintine threw the jacket at Sweet Pea and he caught it with ease. Once she stood back up, her hands found their way to her hips. "If you needed your jacket so badly, why are you wearing that one?"

Sweet Pea wore a light blue denim jacket with the sleeves cut off, making the edges fray. A large snake sat on the back, nestled in with the words 'Southside Serpents.' "I wasn't about to show up to school without repping the Serpents." He made himself comfortable by sitting down on the end of the large bed, sliding his hands over the sky blue fabric.

"Have you seen Jughead today?" Clemintine sat beside him.

Sweet Pea tensed, flexing his damaged hand. "Yeah, why?"

"I heard Betty broke up with him."

"Yeah, I was there." Sweet Pea sighed, the events that occurred hours earlier still fresh on his mind.

Clemintine grasped Sweet Pea's wrist gently. "You took it off?"

"Had to." Sweet Pea removed his arm from her grasp.

The girl shook her head. "Let me redress it."

"It's fine." The boy protested.

"Sweets- "

"I said it's fine, Sunny." Sweet Pea was on the edge of a growl.

"When your wrist swells up bigger than your head, don't come crying to me." Clemintine held up her hands in defense.

Sweet Pea released a heavy sigh. "Fine."

"Is Sweet Pea pouting?" Clemintine laughed.

"Is Clemintine being annoying?" Sweet Pea tried his best to mimic the girls voice.

"This is news?" She let out another laugh as she stood from her seated position. Once the girl turned away, Sweet Pea smiled, letting a soft chuckle pass by his lips.

Clemintine returned with a bandage. As she wrapped Sweet Pea's wrist for the second night in a row, she slipped into thoughts of what Archie had told her. Reggie went to a party without her, he didn't even tell her. And he did drugs. Though she no longer had strong feelings for Reggie, she was still his girlfriend and friend. If anyone found out about him taking drugs, his future would be ruined. And as these thoughts raced, she thought of how Reggie went to a party thrown by Nick. Would he have gone if he knew what happened to her?