T W E N T Y • T H R E E

« Il y aura du sang »

     "Okay. And when we get to the main building, what happens then?" Veronica asked. She was out of breath from running through the dark, and damp, tunnel.

"We search each and every damn room until we find her." Toni answered.

"I'm not leaving without her." Clemintine added. "Let's go."

The three eventually made it in, and began to search doors. "Okay," Toni stopped them. "let's split up. We'll cover three times the ground."

"Okay. But be careful." Veronica whispered.

Clemintine wasted no time running off from her friends. "Cheryl?" She cracked open a door, but was met by nothing. After checking all the doors down one hall, she circled back around, Veronica found her and dragged her to find Toni.

"Cheryl, Toni, there are a bunch of nuns coming." Veronica warned. "We have to go, come on!"

Veronica took off first, Clemintine waiting for Cheryl and Toni to follow Veronica. They began running, when a hoard of nuns cut them off. Quickly turning around, they took off again. But, yet again, there were more nuns.

"This way!" Veronica ducked down another corridor. Clemintine pulled a nearby fire alarm.

The girls ran down the stairs and into the damp tunnels. Clemintine continued to look back. Her closed switchblade in her hand, just in case she needed to scare off some nuns.

The nuns in question were coming in quick. The alarm continued to blare in the girls ears. Turning yet another corner, the group of four rushed through a door that Kevin guarded. "Come on!" He ordered.

Cheryl threw her arms around Clemintine, crying. "Thank you!"

"Let's go!" Veronica called, taking off into the woods. Clemintine took her cousins hand and ran.

The platinum blonde snuck back into her room just as Sweet Pea had, by entering through her balcony.

"It's about time you showed up."

Clemintine had to put a hand over her mouth, to keep herself from screaming. "Sweet Pea." She threw her ring at him. It bounced off his chest.

"Where were you at?" He picked up her ring, looking at it as he moved it around his fingers. "I've been here for an hour."

"I was freeing my cousin." Clemintine pulled off her boots, setting them aside.

"Nice turtleneck." He joked, putting his hands behind his head.

"Thanks." She pulled it over her head. She tossed it into her laundry basket. Thankfully, she had a tank top on under it.

Clemintine laid down. Sweet Pea turned onto his side and she turned onto hers. Their eyes instantly found each others. Sweet Pea reached forward, moving Clemintine's hair from her face.

"Can you leave?" Clemintine laughed. "I need to change."

"I won't look." Sweet Pea turned, facing the ceiling and closing his eyes.

"Sweets." Clemintine slapped his chest. "You better not." She got off the bed, stepping over to her closet and quickly changing. She laid back down, once done, placing her head on Sweet Pea's chest.

Sweet Pea flinched slightly, due to not expecting the action. He eventually relaxed and began to run a free hand through her hair.

Clemintine closed her eyes, listening to Sweet Pea's breathing and felt his chest rise and fall. She soon fell asleep in his arms.

Sweet Pea slowly rose, maneuvering himself so that he wouldn't wake Clemintine. He looked down at the sleeping beauty. He bent over, placed a kiss on her forehead, then covered her with her duvet.

The Serpent boy made his way to the balcony and exited the Bartholdy's home.

An hour later, the girl woke up. She sat up and looked around in the dark. When she didn't find Sweet Pea, she found herself becoming disappointed.

Why should she be? They weren't in a relationship. She wasn't quite sure what they were, actually. They weren't even friends with benefits. Well, depending on what was classified as benefits. They were simply... just friends.

Clemintine fell back onto her bed. Her eyes watched the ceiling. Her mind was full of unanswered questions. The main one being, if Riverdale would ever go back to normal.

If it would, it sure wouldn't be anytime soon. Clemintine wasn't sure exactly how she knew that, she could just tell.

Ever since Jason Blossom died, the whole town went to shit.

🐍

The Swords and Serpents were met yet again. This time, per Betty's request. The female in question had brought her mother alone with her. And the Serpents surprisingly listened to what Alice had to say.

"I asked Jughead to thank you for me," Alice looked at the students which she once hated. "but I reconsidered, because I wanted to do it myself. So, thank you for what you did." The Serpents smiled proudly, at each other, and at Alice. "I also wanted you to hear it directly from me that I am done attacking and disavowing the Southside. It's where I'm from, and I should be proud of that. And from now on, I will be. And like my daughter, and niece," Alice smiled wider at her daughter and Clemintine. "I will fight tooth and nail for it."

"Thanks, Auntie." Clemintine stood, hugging her Aunt. "Anytime, anywhere, the Serpents will be there if you need them." Alice hugged her favorite niece back.