T W E N T Y • T W O

« Lo colline a des yeux »

The blondes hand moved around the page as she drew her picture. Julian looked over at her desk, shaking his head at her picture. As cheesy as it sounds, it was a drawing of Sweet Pea. She had started it shortly after they became friends, and was just now getting close to finishing. She typically did this with most of her friends.

"Are you two dating now?" Julian whispered.

Clemintine shook her head. It was no surprise that half the school already knew about her lip-lock with Sweet Pea. "We only kissed once."

"So?" Julian further questioned. "It's more than obvious that you two are practically in love."

Clemintine scoffed. "I wouldn't go that far."

"I would." Betty turned around. Veronica did the same.

Clemintine rolled her eyes. "Seriously guys?" She looked at Betty. "You and Veronica have practically been planning a wedding that isn't going to happen."

"It will." Veronica smiled. "Maybe not anytime soon, but there will eventually be a Mr. and Mrs. Pea."

Julian reentered the conversation. "Does anyone actually know his real name?"

The three girls gave each other looks, before looking back at him and shaking their heads.

"What about Jug?" Betty asked.

"Or Toni or Fangs?" Veronica asked.

Clemintine shrugged in response. "I'm not even sure if they know."

"Wait," Julian rubbed his temples. "You don't even know his real name?"

"No." Clemintine responded.

Julian sighed deeply. "Well, you better figure it out."

🐍

Clemintine was on a fresh page of her sketchbook when the Swords and Serpents met. Today's life changing topic was about Jughead running for student body president.

"You promised us a war." Sweet Pea began, being the only one standing. "Then you're on stage looking like Buddy Holly, sucking up to the Northside?"

"We need those votes, Sweet Pea. It's the only way that we can affect any change." Jughead defended.

"Whoever's elected gets a seat on the Student Board." Clemintine added, working on the head of her snake for the Swords and Serpents logo. "That means we'll have a man on the inside."

"That means that they can't silence us." Jughead finished.

"You and the Northside princess, you mean?" Fangs spoke up.

Sweet Pea turned to Betty, who was sat beside her cousin. Clemintine set down her pencil. "Wait, is that why you guys are pissed? Betty's on our side!"

"Yeah." Betty looked at the Serpents. "I've helped the Serpents on numerous occasions. So has Clemintine. I helped find the Pickens statue's head, I got Cheryl to testify in court so FP, your king, could get early parole."