E I G H T E E N

« Contes de Darkside »

It was a regular day at Riverdale High. It was the middle of fourth period and Mr. Hanaby was informing his Animal Science students of the sounds a pig makes when in heat.

"Sounds just like Clemintine." Sweet Pea smiled.

"Dude." Fangs punched Sweet Pea's arm. "Not cool."

Clemintine closed her notebook, picked up her backpack and other things, and exited the room. Fangs jogged after her, leaving his things behind. "Sunny, wait."

She swung around to face him. "You said you would talk to him. I've done nothing wrong. Ever since my moms funeral, he's treated me like shit." The class turned to look at Sweet Pea, hearing the girls rant from the hall. "One minutes, he's my best friend again, then the next, he's my worst enemy. I'm beyond sick of it."

"He's your best friend?" Fangs asked. It seemed as if that was the only piece of information he had heard.

Clemintine shrugged. "I guess not anymore." Sweet Pea frowned upon hearing her voice crack.

"Miss Bartholdy." Weatherbee stepped into the hall. "Let's talk in my office. Mr. Fogarty. You can head back to class." Clemintine gave Fangs a final look, before following after their principal. "What were you and Mr. Fogarty talking about in the hall?"

Clemintine cleared her throat. "I'm being bullied."

Mr. Weatherbee lent forward on his desk. "I'm sorry to hear that. Have you spoken to your father about this?"

"I don't see what my father has to do with this." Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Your father is probably more capable of handling this situation than I am."

"Doesn't the school have a zero bullying tolerance policy?"

"We do." Weatherbee nodded.

"Then why don't you handle this?"

"I don't appreciate your tone, Clemintine. I don't think your mother would either."

Clemintine was taken aback. "Excuse me?"

"I think you should finish this conversation with your father."

Clemintine couldn't find the words to respond. She stood suddenly, just like she had in class, and left. Not only did she leave Weatherbee's office, she left the school, just like she always did. She returned home to an empty house, besides the dog.

After retrieving a snack, the blondes phone went off. She most defiantly did not recognize the phone number. Then teen answered anyway, despite this.

"Hello?"

"Sunny."

"Joaquin?" Clemintine stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

"Look, Sunshine, I only got one call so I need you to do me a favor." Clemintine nodded. "I can't see you nodding, Clemintine." Joaquin sighed. They had talked about this.

"Sorry, yeah, go ahead." She rushed out.

"Tell FP I got locked up."