N I N E

«À Riverdale et Au-delà»

*WARNING: Mentions of rape.*

"You can't be serious? A drag race?" The blonde questioned Jughead. "Why do you even need to do a drag race?"

"I'm doing this to help the Serpents." Jughead defended.

Clemintine stopped the car in the middle of the road. Jughead looked around them in horror. "How could this possibly help the Serpents? What has Toni told you that she's hiding from me?"

"Sunny, I really don't think we should be having this conversation where we are at the moment."

"I'm not moving until you tell me what's up." Clemintine removed the keys.

"I joined the Serpents, okay." Jughead rushed out all in one breath.

Clemintine stared at the boy in shock. "See. That's all you had to say." She returned the keys to their previous position, continuing down the road.

At the location of said race, Serpents and Ghoulies alike stood between cars, waiting for the Serpent prince to arrive.

"Shit." Clemintine swore under her breath.

"What?" Jughead questioned.

"All right!" Tall Boy screamed before she could answer. "Let's do this!"

Clemintine walked towards Reggie, who had been the cause of her outburst, not to mention the last person she wanted to see. Scratch that last part. Veronica was here.

"Not the kind of drag race I ever imagined myself going to," Kevin spoke as she joined the group. "but at least the guys are hot."

Reggie looked at Clemintine as she sat down. "You avoiding me or something?"

"You fucking Josie or something?" Clemintine kept her face straight ahead.

"Wowza." Kevin's eyes went wide. "Littlest Bartholdy got bold."

"I'm not screwing Josie, Clemmie." Reggie rolled his eyes.

"Better not be screwing my sister either." Julian spoke beside Kevin, his attention, much like his sisters, was focused straight ahead.

"Let's do it!" Tall Boy's voice boomed over the crowd. The boys got into the worn out cars as Tall Boy stood between them.

"Can we talk about this, Clemmie?" Reggie nudged the girl softly.

"What is there to talk about, Reg?" Her head snapped to face Reggie.

His face fell instantly. "Us, our future."

"Am I even in your future? After all the shit you've done recently?"

"Of course you're in my future, Clem. You always have been."

"Then why didn't you tell me about the party? And that you went with Josie?"

Reggie let out a breathy sigh. "I knew you wouldn't have wanted to go."

"Damn right I wouldn't and you know why?" She couldn't hold back the word vomit that followed, no matter how hard she tried. "Because Nick raped me."

"What?" It wasn't just Reggie that asked. Kevin, Veronica, Cheryl and Julian were there too. "When?" Reggie dared to ask, fearing her answer.

"When I was in New York." She pushed off the car, walking to the tree line, far away from the group. Julian didn't follow his sister like he wanted to. Instead, he only stared after her in shock and horror.