Chapter - 60

Long time No see! *Sheepish*

So here I make a comeback and I hope I would be giving regular updates from now on! *Fingers crossed*

Thank you for all the patience and support. I truly treasure each my reader! 🤗

Happy Reading! 💖

___________________

Mr Murthy couldn't name it, he couldn't put a finger on it but his forehead formed sweat beads in two degree Celsius. His little daughter was standing at the main gate. Cold wind was taking her wisps along and her long sweater couldn't even reach her knees. She had lost weight. His heart twisted and he didn't know how to bring back all the ire which he should have felt seeing her. She wasn't moving but was staring at him with offense written all over her face. 

He slowly descended the three steps to walk on the frosty grass while she folded her arms across her chest. Madhav could see her face quite clear now. Her eyes were a bit dry and face rosy. She was angry. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked as roughly as she could. Madhav could feel the lost anger coming back as he heard that detested tone. 

"Was just seeing it for myself," He said shrugging his shoulders. His hands slipped into pocket of his ling coat as he looked at her cottage.

She chuckled dryly and took a deep breath. 

"Seeing if I was sleeping on road or not," She asked tucking her hands in side pockets of her long sweater. 

Madhav chuckled this time at amount of disdain his own daughter had for him. According to him he had given her the world, He couldn't gulp the fact how she had chosen a cadet over him. 

"Your so called cottage isn't any better than that," He taunted acidly. 

Nandini lost the simper on her face and walked closer to her father. Meeting his eyes, she smiled contently. 

"I have been sleeping peacefully and trust me there's nothing for which I would trade my home," She said with a smile. She wanted him to see how proud she was, after all he had put her through. 

"Your home?" He asked raising his brow. 

"Are you sure?" He asked looking at her with a simper. 

"My home," She asserted and he shook his head ridiculing her. 

"A down payment doesn't make a piece of land yours," He stated with a chuckle. 

Nandini couldn't believe how far her father could go to put her down. She never wanted him to be proud of her but she had never thought he would make it a battle of egos. 

"A down payment doesn't take it away from me either," She stated tilting her head. 

"I will see how you pay for it," He barked at her, finally shedding the facet of patience. 

"I will make sure no one lends you a penny from Murthy mansion. Your life was garden full of roses because you are daughter of Madhav Murthy. If you couldn't treasure this privilege, you have no right to live with perks of being a Murthy," He stated in a low but distasteful tone. 

"I would choose to die in street rather than taking a penny from your clan. You and Mom never shied away from telling me how I was a trouble to family. Don't worry I never was used to be a Murthy so I would JUST DO FINE," She snapped back. 

"People who believe in me are enough for me to survive and I don't need any freaking surname to lead a life," She snarled at her father's face. 

"We'll see. We will see how far you go without money and support," He replied not knowing how to tame his anger. He couldn't take her drifting away from him when he himself was making sure she didn't stay. He hated losing control over his daughter.