Stale Saturday

Nancy heard footsteps and chatters approaching her room as she laid on the bed closing her eyes.

It had been almost an hour since she had been in that position.

"She is already here, this stupid Nancy and we were out there waiting for her to come back" It was Jooe's voice. She sounded annoyed.

"slow down Jooe" She must be tired. Let her sleep." Nayun could be heard saying.

"come on let's go," Ahin said and they all walked away.

************************************************

When Jooe got down, Nancy was doing her homework on her bed.

"Visiting library sure has its benefits," Jooe commented as she went and took out her supplies to start her homework.

"Why are so quiet? Did you not find the book? Did someone at the library say something to you?" Jooe asked.

"No, I just miss home," Nancy said and it wasn't entirely a lie. She wanted to go home, at least for some days.

"Me too," Jooe said meeting her eyes.

Unshed tears flooded Nancy's eyes.

All the pressure of depressing thoughts she had been harbouring fell heavily on her.

"Are you crying?" Jooe asked.

"No" Nancy replied as a single tear ran down her cheek.

"It'll be okay" Jooe pulled her in a hug.

"Now, let's do the homework," Jooe said as she pulled away.

**********************************************

It was Saturday morning and Nancy got ready for school early. She double checked the stuff she needed to take with her to school.

She made up her mind to stay at the library after school, not to surf the internet but to read or just stay there just so she doesn't have to see Yeonwoo and Taeha holding hands on their way back home.

*********************************

The group met up at the gate at 4 pm. The seniors were starting to get worried when they found Nancy missing again.

"Where is Nancy?" Hyebin asked.

"She said she will stay at the library for a while" Daisy replied.

"Are your tests coming up or something?" Yeonwoo asked.