The Scheming Begins

"Subin" Jaehwan called as Subin walked out the school gate.

"Jaehwan hyungnim?" Subin said. He didn't expect Jaehwan, of all the people, would talk to him all of a sudden.

Jaehwan gave him a smile.

"I need to ask you a favour. Can we grab something to eat and talk?" Jaehwan asked.

"Favour?" Subin started pointing a finger at himself, "From me?"

"Don't freak out" Jaehwan said laughing a little.

"You'd even love doing it."

Subin smiled nervously. He didn't even know what to think of the whole thing.

"First, let's go to a coffee shop, shall we?" Jaehwan said as he gestured Subin to follow him.

They were seated in a coffee shop.

"So, how is your grades going?" Jaehwan asked, putting both elbows on the table.

"Well, I don't know. I would say it's not too bad. I am still in the third position. I would just get one or two marks short every time and fail to climb up to the second position. It's really frustrating." Subin said sipping on his coffee after. "I just hope I don't get down to 4th rank when the mini-exam results come out"

Too much side-tracked. Jaehwan thought.

"So, I heard that you are like the only guy in your class that Nancy properly talks to," Jaehwan said.

"What?" Subin asked, a little embarrassed. "Who told you that?"

"I just heard. I just wanted to confirm if that is true." Jaehwan replied.

Subin laughed awkwardly.

"It's just... Its just, Nancy and I have been lab partners a couple of times. And I am like, one of the very few guys that haven't proposed to her in our class. So, I think she is comfortable with me because she thinks that I don't have a crush on her."

"And maybe, she talks to me sometimes because I am smart?" Subin added.

"So, you do have a crush on her, right?" Jaehwan asked.

"I don't know," Subin said, looking away.

"really? You don't know?" Jaehwan pushed.

"God! alright, I do. Can we please now talk about the favour you wanted from me instead of making me all embarrassed here?

"I am getting to it," Jaehwan said.

"So, I want you to make her fall for you. And I am going to help you do that."