I Want To Be There For You

"Nancy, you ready?" Yeonwoo called from outside the door.

"We 're ready" Jooe answered.

The door opened and the two emerged.

Just like any other day, Yeonwoo took Nancy's hand and they walked out of the building.

"Its like we will never be able to walk home with Nancy anymore," Jooe said woefully.

"Next Thursday, we have History test, next, we have Maths and then, I don't know, Physics and then Geography and blah blah blah. Then there will be an internal assessment exam. There won't be no chemistry test again." Jooe continued, shaking her head.

"I guess Nancy will have to redeem in the internal assessment exam." Ahin supplied.

Yeonwoo didn't think about this until now. The after-school study will have to go on until the internal assessment examination. Her chance had slipped. 

The feeling of anger grew within her. She didn't know who to blame.

Desperation filled her system.

She let this happen right before her own eyes. 

"Aza Aza Fighting Nancy!" Daisy said lifting her fist.

Nancy just kept on walking with her head down.

"I don't know if I'll ever walk out of the group study."

"I thought I finally did my best and all I ended up getting was 15" 

"Its just two marks short," Hyebin said.

"Wait, Nancy, are you sure you expected more than what you got?" Yeonwoo asked.

'I can't say I'm sure but I really thought I'd at least get 20" 

Yeonwoo stopped walking.

"We're checking your test paper today. Maybe the teacher made a mistake in counting the marks. This happens sometimes. And I won't be able to rest until I see the paper"

"nuh-uh! You ain't going. Let Nancy check the paper on her own. Maybe Daisy can accompany her." Hyebin said.

"But I want to see it," Yeonwoo said.

"I don't think it will be wise considering how it went the last time"

"What last time are you guys talking about, Hyebin unnie?" Ahin enquired.

"last week, your Yeonwoo unnie and I went to Kim sunsangnim to ask if Yeonwoo can volunteer tutoring Nancy and he refused and told her to focus on her own studies instead. He must have really felt like Yeownoo was doubting and criticising his arrangements."