All They Gave Each Other Were Common Cold And Heartaches

It was past midnight, and for reasons Nancy couldn't understand, Yeonwoo didn't come down to sleep with her.

Yeonwoo sat on the floor, leaning against her door. The sound of the ticking clock was loud in the room.

She couldn't sleep.

She didn't want to sleep.

All she could feel was the cold that was creeping up from the floor and her heart that was weighing heavier than an anvil in her chest.

****

Hyebin went down to Jooe's room when she didn't see Yeonwoo come upstairs for the morning.

It was 8.30 and she was half dressed in school uniform.

"Jooe, open up. Its Yeonwoo dead in there?"

Jooe opened the door and let Hyebin in.

"Yeonwoo unnie didn't come down last night," Jooe said as she resumed combing her hair.

Hyebin went up and opened Yeonwoo's door.

"Yeonwoo! It's 8.30 and you're still sleeping? Its so late Yeonwoo" Hyebin yelled shaking the sleeping form of her friend on the bed.

Hyebin pulled her up in a sitting position.

"Alright, alright. I'm up"

Yeonwoo said blinking groggily and sat there on her bed. She wasn't completely awake.

"No, Yeonwoo, no time to sit," Hyebin said dragging her to the bathroom.

"Get ready as soon as you can. I'm gonna go and tell the kids to go on ahead without us." Hyebin said walking out the bathroom.

Now, yeonwoo was suddenly awake.

"Wait, no. Don't tell them to leave without us. Tell them to wait for me. I'll.. I'll hurry up"

"Hyebin na?"

"What?"

"Thank god you're still there. Before you go, please get my uniform and my bag ready and please get my breakfast up here."

She hurriedly put her toothbrush in her mouth, starting to strip at the same time. She'd brush and take a bath at the same time.