She Is Beautiful

Yeonwoo's mother was standing arms crossed outside the car with a stoic expression on her face when Jaehwan dragged Yeonwoo out of the building.

She knew the reason her daughter had gone inside.

"Please ride with me, Yeonwoo" Jaehwan said when they neared his car.

Yeonwoo yanked her hand off of Jaehwan's grip and headed towards her mother's car, leaving Jaehwan without a reply.

Coming face to face with her mother, she suddenly remembered how absolutely she didn't want to see her.

Her mother stared at her and Yeonwoo could see the scorn and contempt in her mother's eyes.

Yes, she had taken too long to say a simple goodbye and the tears that were pooling in her eyes weren't helping the situation get any better for her.

"Get in the car" Her mother muttered.

Right then, Yeonwoo knew she'd choose to stand there forever than climb up onto her mother's car.

She sneezed again, wiping away her tears with her hand right after.

Jaehwan took off his muffler and slowly wrapped it around Yeonwoo's neck.

"Please ride with me" Jaehwan whispered.

In the background, Taeha had enough and walked inside the dorm building. The remaining friends sensed the tension and remained absolutely silent.

But only Hyebin understood in depth what was really going on.

Yeonwoo turned and walked up to Jaehwan's car and sat in the front, taking deep calming breaths to calm her smouldering heart.

The 20 minutes ride back home was very quiet inside Jeahwan's car unlike the noises in his head.

Yeonwoo hadn't moved an inch and she had been staring out the window the whole way back.

Jaehwan finally pulled up.

"Wait" Jaehwan said before Yeonwoo could climb down.

"It changes nothing, right?" he started.

Yeonwoo wearily looked at him.

"I don't know what to say, Jaehwan" Yeonwoo said.

"Please tell me nothing will change. You promised me Yeonwoo." he said.

Yeonwoo's eyes landed on the portion of red rashes that were visible on Jaehwan's neckbone right above his v-necked sweater, instantly reminding her of what had happened the day before.

She nodded once before she opened the door and walked towards her home.