Chain Bad Luck

That morning, Nancy's science teacher got a call from Jaehwan.

"Kim sangnim, I forgot to say something yesterday." Jaehwan said before the teacher could even say "Yeoboseyo"

["Tell me"]

"It's about the thing between Sehun and Nancy. Did anyone else see them when they came out from the room together?" Jaehwan asked.

["It was right after the first-period bell rang so I believe I was the only one who saw them, why?"]

"Okay, perfect. I request you to not tell anyone about this. I mean, news spread fast and I don't want Yeonwoo knowing this. She'd not be pleased and she'd just try to keep Nancy away from him. Yeonwoo hates Sehun because he is a brute and she cares about Nancy like her own sister so she'll definitely try everything to keep them away from each other. I just want whatever that is going on between Sehun and Nancy to grow, you know?"

["The other way around would work better if you ask me"] the teacher said.

"what? I don't understand."

["If we spread the news, Lee Dabin will prevent Nancy from seeing Sehun and if Nancy really likes Sehun, she will go against Dabin and then we'll see a conflict between them. They may possibly even break their friendship."]

"That would be good but we don't know for sure if Nancy likes Sehun. It will backfire if Nancy actually ends up listening to Yeonwoo this time around. So, I think I'll stick with my idea. It's for the best. Besides, we'll be graduating in February and Yeonwoo and I will be going abroad. Its just a couple of months left and Nancy will be out of the picture."

["right, okay"]

"so, you won't be telling anyone, right, Kim sang nim?"

["Jaehwan, I don't go and gossip with students. So, no one will know from me."]

"Oh, and Subin, did you assign him with another student or is he out of the group?"

["He's out"]

"Okay, I haven't seen him in a while. I'm hanging up Kim sangnim. I'll go get ready for school now."

********

It was almost mid-December and the cold was becoming a part of every day.

Jooe was putting her books from the table into her bag, getting ready to go to school.