What Mom Wants, Mom Forces

Jaehwan shut the car door with so much force and went towards the house.

Worried he'd do something, his samchon followed him quickly.

The front door was locked. It seemed like no one was back. He kicked the door once letting out his frustration.

His samchon took out the keys and unlocked the large front door.

He saw Jaehwan run up to his room and shut his door.

Samchon went upstairs and stood outside his room.

No sound came out.

He decided to go down but when he reached midway down the stairs, the sound of glass breaking was heard and Jaehwan screamed, a lot of other noises were also heard.

Alarmed, he rushed up and knocked on the door, "Jaehwan, open the door!" he called.

Water, a lot of water was oozing out of the door. He instantly knew what the source was.

He took the doorknob and turned. the door wasn't even locked.

Jaehwan was lying on the floor right above the shattered pieces of his prized aquarium straddling his bloody right hand near his chest.

"Dear lord!" his samchon said, kneeling down and bringing up Jaehwan's hand.

His knuckles were ruined.

Jaehwan winced in pain and clenched his jaw tightly, quickly withdrawing his hand from his uncle's hold.

He had punched the door pretty hard a couple of times.

He felt a piece of glass dig into his face at the movement.

"Jaehwan, let's get you up" his samchon sighed and pulled him up in a sitting position.

"Let me get first aid," He said getting up and leaving.

Jaehwan saw, amongst the broken pieces of glass, the gaping fishes.

He slowly got up and went to the bathroom and took some water in a mug with his good hand and began picking up his 18 little fish from the floor, all the while crying.

its okay, I will find a way. I have loved her too long to give her up.

She'll come to love me. I know she will.

Jaehwan's samchon came back with the first aid kit.

"I'll help you change your clothes. They are wet" Samchon said after he had done putting the last band-aid on Jaehwan's face.

"No, samchon, give me the car keys," He said standing up.

"You can't drive with your hand like that," His samchon said.

"Just give me the damn keys" Jaehwan snapped.