•Fool's Gold•

I walked inside the Church after apologizing for my outfit around ten times.

"We just saved Cesar!" Monse exclaimed running to hug me.

"This is surreal. We need to memorialize the moment and send it to Cesar." Ruby said and I sat on one of the church benches while they took the picture.

"Okay, right." Jamal said and posed with Monse and Ruby.

"It's chocolate." Ruby said biting into it. I looked up and sighed defeated.

"Hell, yeah, we got chocolate!" Jamal explained. "We can buy chocolate, vanilla, that new Tesla with the gull wings." Jamal added and Ruby looked at him.

"No, the gold. It's not gold, it's chocolate." Ruby explained.

"Maybe it's only chocolate on the top." I said hopeful. They looked and Jamal sighed defeated.

"Chivo."

"It's Cesar." Monse said looking at her phone. She separated a bit and took the call.

"Oh my God. Cesar say something!" She exclaimed and looked at the phone.

I stood up to hug her and Jamal went to hug her but she shook it off.

"You better pray he's okay." She exclaimed and I backed off.

"We'll get the money, and he'll be safe." Jamal said and Monse frowned.

"We could've had him out of town by now!" She yelled at him and I sighed. This wasn't going to end pretty.

"This is just a mislead. A red herring. A MacGuffin. Tell her, Ruby." Jamal looked at Ruby hopeful.

"I told you we should've just put him on a bus." Ruby said shrugged his shoulders.

"He needs money to get away. RollerWorld is that money. We just got to-" Jamal started rambling and Monse cut him off.

"Got to what? You live in a fantasy. Grow up, Jamal. You just ruined Cesar's life. He's never gonna be the same." Monse yelled at him and I opened my mouth but Jamal was quicker.

"I didn't ruin his life. He ruined his own life." He yelled back behind Monse.

"Cesar's in a gang! Okay? That's the reality, all right? And you think I'm living in a fantasy? You're the one who's living in a fantasy thinking you can save Cesar. It's not going to happen. Ever! Cesar was born a Santo, he's gonna die a Santo. So stop lying to yourself, sweetie." Jamal defended himself crossing his arms.

"I'm lying to myself?" Monse asked rhetorically turning around. "Your whole life is a lie. Those fake-ass injuries. Bullshitting your parents. The football team. You're the biggest, fakest liar ever. I hope I never see you again." She added poking his chest.

"And you never will." Jamal yelled and Ruby looked at me.

"Jamal, Monse, chill!" Ruby exclaimed standing between both of them.

"No! I'm sick and tired of chilling." Jamal turned to Ruby and I walked to where the box was.

"Aye" I yelled snapping my fingers. "Se acabó. Siempre hacen lo mismo. Se me calman." (No more. It's always the same thing with y'all. Calm down)