•Acceptance and Denial Letters•

My laptop was resting on my desk as I looked at the clock attentively. 11:59 pm. one more minute. I was so anxious. I couldn't wait any longer.

"Relax." Oscar placed a kiss on my hand making me smile.

"What if I don't get in?" I asked biting my nails. Oscar grabbed my hand removing it from my mouth.

"You will, and stop biting your nails. I paid for those." Oscar said and I rolled my eyes.

"Let me pay for them." I imitated his tone of voice. "I didn't asked you to do it."

"I don't talk like that. It's twelve o' three," Oscar pointed at the laptop. I sat on my vanity chair in front of the laptop.

I typed in my email and the password.  '1 new message.' I clicked and the letter opened.

"I can't do it! You read it." I covered my eyes and Oscar chuckled.

"You sure?" He asked standing behind me. I nodded quickly. He went silent for a couple of minutes.

"Catalina, oh my God!" He exclaimed and I turned around looking at him.

"What?" I asked and he had a big smile on his face.

"You got in." He whispered and I turned my attention to the laptop and started reading the letter.

'It's with great pleasure that...'

"Oh my God!" I yelled tearing up. I stood up and wrapped my arms around Oscar tightly.

"Congratulations mi reina." Oscar hugged me and rubbed the back of my head.

"Oh my God! I got in. Fuck!" I sniffled cleaning my tears. "Shit, I did that!"

"Yes, you did." He said and I kissed him.

**
"Where's Ángel ma?" I asked sitting on the kitchen stool.

"He said he'd be here in a few why?" She asked and I smiled.

"I have news." I said tapping my fingers against the table.

"I'm here ma," Ángel announced minutes after.

"Come here your sister has news." She said and Ángel stood next to my mom.

"I got into Stanford." I shirked and my mom covered her mouth. Ángel smiled and hugged me tightly swaying me side to side.

"Congratulations mamita. I love you so much." Ángel muttered as he hugged me.

"Thanks! I love you too." I whispered hugging him.

"Congratulations mija! I'm proud of you." My mom said hugging me when Ángel let go of me.

"Thanks mami!"

**

Oscar and I weren't on speaking terms. It's been a week. Why we weren't on speaking terms? I honestly don't remember, and since I didn't remember I wasn't apologizing.