•Safe? Never Heard of Her•

"Can you relax! The worst that could've happen was that he was in a bad mood and killed you on spot, but he didn't so relax." Jasmine picked a red solo cup and got herself a Corona and poured it.

"Want some? Maybe you'll loosen up." She offered me the cup with a sardonic smile.

I mocked her facial expression opening a forty. Jasmine raised her eyebrow surprised by my eagerness to drink.

"That's new."

I shook my head at the bitterness of the beer. "Trust me I need it. Did I told you one of the Santos is staying at my house? I'm just hoping that is not him."

Jasmine was the only one the four individuals that officially knew my mom hid the Santos when they were in trouble. Some people of the neighborhood knew but they knew better than talk.

"Catalina," I heard my brother's voice behind me. I mentally cursed myself before turning around to face him.

"Brother."

"I thought I told you not to come." He said looking down at me with a frown on his face.

"You said to do whatever I wanted, and I did."

He gave me a sarcastic smile and left

**
A couple of drinks later I was letting myself loose dancing with Jasmine. My brother was somewhere in the house I knew he wouldn't leave me behind. I decided to get another beer when I saw Oscar's little brother.

"Cata, what's up?" He called out and I smiled at him walking towards him.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked opening the beer.

"I came here with the crew" he replied taking four beers. I offered my help and he gave me two of them. We walked outside and I saw all three of them standing by the concrete wall.

"Mmm, fourth grade. Kickball tourney. We lost." I heard Jamal complain. I remembered that game we were recollecting funds for who knows what.

"Only 'cause I picked the kid with no skills," Cesar countered making them turn around. "And I'd pick you again." He threw the beer at Jamal, "loyalty trumps victory, compa."

Monse waved at me and I gave her the beer and stood between Cesar and Ruby.

"Ah, take it in. This is about to be us. This is high school." Cesar said looking at the seniors I looked over there and scrunched my nose in disgust.