Chapter Twenty | Let's Hear It

This is kind of just a Q&A for all of Vivienne's information.

~Lz :3

___________________________

---Third P.o.V---

   As the group of heroes made their way up the stairs, Damian couldn't help wonder if a mother's love is biased. 

Mother has never, never said those words. Though she said them so naturally to Vivienne. Am I.....unloved?

   The food was already spread grandly across the table, courtesy of Alfred. Everyone helped themselves and settled down once they all had food on their plate.

   "So, I'm assuming you all have unanswered questions. I will gladly allow you one each, and perhaps two if deemed necessary," Vivienne said formally as she placed a small vegetable in her mouth.

   "Are you a robot?" Jason asked, somewhat idiotically.

   "Jason, I'm consuming food, aren't I? Meaning I have a digestive system. I don't believe androids are capable of maintaining normal bodily functions," She answered factually, eating a bit more. Jason's face flushed a pale complexion, making a few members at the table snicker.

   "Are you and Talia..... biologically related?" Tim asked warily.

   "Yes, we share the same blood," Vivienne replied, almost coldly.

   "Have you ever met your father?" Dick asked also worried that he would hit a sensitive subject.

   "Yes. He was one of the most top-ranking assassins in the League. When I discovered that he left my mother once I was conceived like a coward, I killed him with my two bare hands. Don't worry, I don't follow those ways anymore. I was only two." Vivienne stated, making everyone gawk at the image of an infant girl murdering a highly trained assassin.

   "How come Damian didn't know about you?" Stephanie questioned.

   "Mother wanted him to be like my grandfather. A cold, emotionless killer. She didn't want him to grow fond of his sister, someone he would care for, someone he would show mercy to. When I disappeared at age nine, she refused to have anyone even bring up my name, for she was mourning over the loss of her eldest child." she responded.

   "Why were you in Russia in the first place? Damian said he found you in a snowstorm," Barbra asked after the initial shock of the last two answers. Vivienne sighed sadly, reminiscing at the memory.

   "I was on a mission to find someone who fled from the League, as he was in hiding. You see, once you join the League, you can't exactly leave. The man was supposedly in the tundra of Russia, so I followed. I was stuck in a violent blizzard as Katherine, which I eventually fell victim to after an small avalanche. I believe mother sent Damian to find me shortly after." She explained.

   "Why weren't you frozen?" Damian asked, though the real question he wanted to say was,

Does she love me?

   "Just as mother put you through poison and chemical endurance so you would eventually become immune, in addition, she gave me temperature endurance. She injected a product similar to antifreeze in my bloodstream, though much stronger. It didn't inhibit me in any way, seeing as I had the chemical in my system since birth. I'm surprised it didn't kill me immediately," Vivienne said, seemingly unfazed mentioning her own death.

   "Why did you come to America?" Oliver spoke, his eyebrow arched in curiosity.

   "My naive self, Katherine Hope, wished for an education she didn't know she had already surpassed. Because of the rarity of the use of Arabic in the United States, I was never able to revert back to my true self. I had to sit in the backseat of my own mind, watching as Katherine's life played before my eyes. It was torture, believe me." she answered almost angrily.

"By the way, I must thank you, Artemis for allowing Phan Minh to take control over Katherine. Her loyalty to my mother was always strongest," she added, and Artemis nodded in response.

   "How come every one of your alter egos can speak English? Why isn't there a persona for the language?" Dinah asked. 

   "Mother said English was an important base language to many others. Another common language throughout them is Latin as well as Mandarin," she said.

   "How did you feel about Katherine being the Lock Picker?" Artemis asked, bringing up one of the earliest subjects.

   "Irritated. The girl had so much potential. I believe her memories were reset when I fell unconscious in the snow. To see Katherine do the dirty jobs of petty criminals sickened me," Vivienne commented, her face curled in disgust.

   "Why?" Bruce said vaguely, earning confused glances from the rest of the people. Vivienne chuckled solemnly, no amusement evident in her tone.

   "Why am I like this? Why can't I just be normal? Well you see, when my mother discovered that she was to have a child, she was ecstatic. She wanted it to be perfect in every way. Starting from the age of one, I could already fluently run, swim, as well as speak English and Arabic. It was a feat of impossibility, but she continued to push me. Disregarding my limits, I learned every language, fighting style, art, and overall every skill there was. I was extraordinary, the perfect child. She soon realized that I couldn't handle it. My brain was constantly packed with information, I began to forget the important things. I would forget who I was. For days at a time, I would become a machine. Train, fight, learn. Once, I even forgot how to breathe," she replied lightly, leaving everyone gobsmacked.

   "Call it cruel, but she resolved to break me. Separate me into pieces in order to fix it. Languages took up most of my memory, so she divided me by them. She assigned each one of them a few of my skills. Think of Phan Minh for example. When she took her part from me, she gave her my acrobatics and one of the several martial arts I had mastered, Kyusho-Jitsu. After five months of hypnosis therapy, I was able to flow between all of them by their respective languages. I would alternate between my personas for months at a time, in order for me to be able to become even more intelligent. Mother hoped that when I was ready, I could combine all of the different parts of me into one. Now I believe I'm able to retain my knowledge as Vivienne Al Ghul safely. Also, please refrain from speaking any language besides English, Latin, Arabic, and Mandarin. I'm not too confident that you may leave the situation unharmed. I didn't," she concluded, smiling sadly. 

   Everyone surrounding her was rendered speechless at her story. This girl has been through hell and back, and she was only fifteen. Her history had instilled sympathy, as well as fear in their hearts. No one could even begin to comprehend the child who was Vivienne Al Ghul.

__________

Here's that list I promised:

Katherine Hope:

Alias: The Lock Picker / Snow Rabbit

Language Trigger: Russian

Age: 15

Skills: Archery, Art (drawing/painting/etc.), coding and hacking

Family information: parents divorced at age ten.

Phan Minh:

Alias: Min

Language Trigger: Vietnamese

Age: 35

Skills: Hand-to-hand combat, acrobatics, pressure-point fighting

Family information: unknown

Vivienne Al Ghul:

Alias: Linguistic

Language Trigger: Arabic

Age: 15 (A few month's older than Damian, kept in a tank after conception)

Skills: Supposedly, everything

Family information:

Mother: Talia Al Ghul

Father: Deceased, highly skilled assassin

Half-brother: Damian Wayne

~Lz :3