When you need a friend

hello everyone :) just so you this story is the year of 2030... so if you noticed some movies or stories that you never heard of, it's because they don't exsist. (psts, the names are of books that  me Anna, has written; I am not publishing them on here unless there are thirty coments requesting it) thank you for reading, if you have any questions, concerns, ships, squeals, share it all. !:)

Lydia: I run aimlessly through the streets of New York. . . it feels like I have been running for hours which I probably had. So I stop because I know I need to start heading back before they send out a search for me. I see that for some reason my legs had taken me to Magnus’s apartment. . . I know why. . . Rafe…. was the only one who would just listen to me except my sister of course. But it was nice having someone that cares other than your twin. . . someone who won’t yell at you but hold you instead. I really do miss him. . . like a lot. . . he was my best friend. I shake my head then turn to run back to the institute.

It takes me about an hour to get back home. As soon as I open the door I am bombarded. .

“Where have you been young lady?!”

Dad says in a very daddly voice.

“I went for a run like I told you.”

I say sarcastically, giving him my best smirky smile… even though I wasn’t in the mood for smiling… especially at my dad.

My smile starts to shake…. dang it.

I look down at the floor before looking back up, unable to meet his gaze.

“ok…. that’s a great way to lie to your father… you know why?”

I give him raised eyebrows…

“because I know that your lying. It’s written all over your face. It makes my job a lot easier…”

I didn’t say anything in return; as long as I don’t have to talk, I’m good.

“It also tells me that the reason you left was for something… personal- was it?”

I give him a dubious glare, folding my arms over my chest in defense; He had no right to get into my business…. even though he was my dad.

“Lydia? am I right?”

He gives me a mirrored look.

“I went out… and didn’t do anything stupid, like jump of a building if that’s what you mean.”

the two of us still by the door, still standing here face to face… all I wanted to do at the moment was leave him. to just go to the training room and fight. I had a feeling he would end it, or question me more about the incident… unless I knew my father just as well as he knows me; which is not at all.

“no, that’s not what I was talking about.”

I didn’t know what to say… or what he was going to say next; I guess, it isn’t just my father that is clueless of me…. I’m just as unsure of him.