The Resurrection

If you forgot. just a little reminder that in the last chapter, Jade past out again one eye black the other gold (ooooh) now she's in the infermery being taken care of..... (back to story....) 

Third POV: "Jade is having another one of her episodes... and we are unsure how to help her. can you do what you did last time she fell unconscious?"

Yes, but we will need to be in the room with her... alone.

"we can do that..."

Clary walks up the institute steps as fast as she can, brother Nashotah at her heels.

Facing the brother, Clary continues.

"did you see what was going on in her head last time? all you told me was that she was stuck in her mind somewhere, unable to feel her own body.... but where did she go? do you know?"

I am not sure, Clarissa, but we were able to get her out... only because she wanted to.

"so... this time she might not?"

that is a possibility... who ever is doing this to her, is giving her some free will, but is attacking her with very dark magic... the darkest I've seen in a long time.

This of course, did nothing to settle the ache in Clary's chest. If anything, it made it worse.

She tried last time in the training room, to put mind healing runes, healing runes, and a couple other's she hadn't named on her daughter to help stop whatever was going on in her mind . She didn't know what to do when nothing was working. She had to find a way.... she couldn't stand the thought of losing her daughter. 

as if Nashotah was reading her mind, he surprises her with understanding.

it is ok to not know what will happen... or what to do... but you can trust us... alright?

"yes, brother Nashotah."

Finally, they reach the door to the infirmary.

****

Lydia POV: I sat on the white covers, watching her tossing and turning. every once in a while, I would refresh the towel, and place it back on her head.

I don't know what will happen next. But I couldn't stop thinking about what Magnus mentioned.... that who ever it was could come while she's like this; vulnerable... scared... and who knows what else.

.. and she wasn't  talking to me- about any of this. we've never kept anything from each other since the day we were born. Never.

Now, for the first time, I don't know how to help her, or how to keep her safe. But as Jade would always tell me when things go wrong, or when she's being bullied, or we are about to depart for a demon attack... 'have faith... and have hope... everything will be ok with at least a little off both on your shoulders sis..'

kept me from being her shield the entire time. yes, a lot, but not as much as I would've have wanted to give her. she wasn't great with any weapon, and was slow.... but she's brave, and has fought more demons than mom in a battle at our age.... and even mom survived, saving everyone in 2007... when Jonathan started the group of endarkend warriors... and before that she was remembered for being part of stopping Sebastian Morgenstern. She was a hero... just like dad was. But they aren't as great in parenting... that much was clear.

Lifting the soaking cloth to Jade's head, I close my eyes trying to feel her... to hear her.

there was something strong blocking me. all I could see in my mind was swirling blackness, and could only hear heavy wind- the feeling of it went down through me.