The Waiting

Yo Yo Yo! It's Lily and Anna! We have finnally posted our first chapter on here. We know and are sorry for the long wait. But it's here now and we will be posting regularly. Every other weeik we will be posting during school abd stuff. But right now we will be postinbg every week. We'll see you soon fellow shadowhunters ;p

Lydia's POV: 31.....32.....33....34.... Each punch leaves a new bruise... a new mark that will be healed under my sisters finger, as it is every day.

38.... The bag on the metal chain is beaten from all the the hands that have used it. (secretly; more me than anyone else). 44..... My hands bleed from under thin hand boxing gloves. I know that I shouldn't do this whole 'making myself bleed to make the pain go away' strategy, but it really works... some days.

"Lydia...Lydia!" I stop what I'm doing immediately, doing my best to cover my hands behind me.

"What's up Jake."

My cousin just came rushing in with his bare hands full of wood. I look down at him with raised eyebrows, wondering what he wants his attention for this time.

"You gotta watch this... it's pretty cool." He gives me a big proud smile, as he moves over to a stand that is connected at the bottom like a table, but there is no support on the top, nor a table. He places the large stack of wood right between the rectangle edges, backs up, his hands out to make his move. crack.

The wood boards break in half, falling to the ground. Through the dust of leftover bark chips, he coughs in his arms, leaning down to fold the only supported cris-cross bars you would see on a tv tray. Not that we have one, but uncle Magnus always has something weird like that at his house; It literally looks different every time you go there... it's a little ridiculous, but cool at the same time.

"Wow... that's a great um... thing you just made." I look down at the ground, pointing at the mess. He gives me a sad, dumbfounded smile; really jake....

I move over and pat his head, and just smiling at him while shaking my head. he gives me a slightly bigger smile at that.

He moves his saggy self and the... whatever it is he made, taking it upstairs, where his feet echo with the clanging of bars against the wood.

I go over to the punching bag, gladd for the alone time, and the comfort of the punching bag itself. Wait, where was I... ah yes! 45....46....

_____________________________________________________

Third POV: Jake walks out of the training room, and of course... uses his amazing speed to fly through the hallway. This is the benefit of flash powers...

Once at Jade's door, he gives a three beat knock. "You still in there Jade!" Less of a question than just to make sure she wasn't... naked. The thought would just be haunting, especially for a 12 year old.

"Come on in Jake..." With that, he pushes the door open, running up to the messy, red, curly- haired girl, doing her doodling.

She looks up at him with a toothless smile... then sees the wood in his hand and laughs.

"You going to show me another super power trick of yours again?" With a nod, he sets up his things like before, as Jade gets up searching for something...

Placing the wood safely on the stand, Jade sits criss-cross applesauce with a bag of potato chips on the bed.

"Sorry... just needed to eat something while watching the entertainment." Jade winks at him with her cheesy smirk.

With an exaggerated sigh, he lowers his arm quickly, tearing the pieces in half. Jade moves aside her chips in an instant, giving him wide eyes of surprise.