In The Dark

hello guys! welcome to chapter wow.... to chapter 23? how in the world did we get this far? lol hope you enjoy

I start running around the woods, searching for some figure in the dark. Some sort of dark haired, tall figure running. Then of course, if he were running, he would be to fast to catch. I take my stele out and draw a slow-vision rune. One that Jade made.

After setting my stele back in my pocket, I take out all the stuff from my backpack and start putting them on me., and fold the small backpack in half, before placing it in the inner pocket of my jacket. Then start running around, the odd weight now off making it easier.  After a few more seconds, everything around me started to slow in motion, as if I was the flash, or like Derek, a vampire.

I wanted to call out, but was unsure whether it would call to the right people if someone else was out there; So I keep on running, glad for the speed and strength rune to keep me going. The wind blows through my hair, in waves of blonde that falls in my face as  I turn around to see if I passed anything… if I went by anyone. But when I see nothing that could be human, I face forward, the sound of the wind heavy in my ears. One foot after the other, I go on, dodging through the large trees, jumping over fallen ones from past storms, and brush. I keep on, both hands at my sides ready to take on anything with a single stroke of my seraph blade, or bow and arrow.  

Even as I go on, letting the feeling of running, the feeling of freedom fills me,  I continue to wonder how Derek managed to get so far in only seconds? Where could he even be? Unless….

I began to stop- rolling at my side in a clearing. I stand up quickly, looking up as I keep my balance. I have a feeling he’s in a tree somewhere…. It would be the only explanation.

So, I start walking back the way I came, looking up through the trees with careful eyes, only looking down once to place a farsighted rune on.   

“Damn it Derek….” I say under my breath, along with many curses that hid behind my lips. I keep looking up, my neck aching in the process. I don’t know how he could have managed to just leave me like that. Yes, he was ‘flash fast’ as we always called it. Or what Jade always said when she was home. If only she were here.

At that moment, I was almost willing to abandon Derek and go the direction we were heading. But, he was still my cousin. I smirk at an even better thought… he was more like me brother in law.

So, of course, I can’t leave my sister parterless, could I ? I had to at least find him first. If he was this stubborn, or who ever took him was this good at hiding then maybe I’ll have to go to wherever Jade is my self.

I stop myself short, looking around me towards the sound of the brush at my level.

Obviously, I should’ve walked towards the sound with stealth, but instead, I walk over with weapon in hand, and ask the one question that 95% of the time gets someone killed.

“Who’s there..?”

The movement starts again, and out of nowhere, I see a figure fall onto the dirt ground, a low grunt following.

“What the fuck Jace? What did I do to you to make you so damn mad? I was just doing what anyone would have done i was-”

“Save it for later.” Jace comes around the tall brush, and two thick trees, glaring down at Derek, who now held himself up with both shoulders. It was hard to tell under the shadows of the night, what held in their expressions, but in their tone it was evident that they were both clearly exasperated or agitated.