If Only...

Just so you know, there will be more books after this one (not that this chapter is  anywhere near over) anyway, welcome back to our next chapter.....  enjoy. 

Third POV: The room of which only remained Lydia, Clary, Derek and Jake, stood in utter silence. For no one in the room could fully process the horror they just wittnest... Jade is.... gone.

Lydia was walking ever so slowly to the bed where her sisters pale, feeble body lay unconscious, only minutes before.

The tears that held in so tightly inside her came drastically, as she bends forward, arms folded around her in the comforters, kneeling at the side of the bed.

The two boys sat on the bed, Jake's young face painted in forlorn, as Derek was white as a ghost, only staring at the exact place Jade was, his expression blank.

Clary was by the door, looking out in waiting.; Jace would be coming back to bring in the silent brothers and Alec.

Lydia didn't want to be around any more people at this moment... she didn't know where her sister went, but knew she was with Sebastian,... Somewhere awful. And it was her fault for not trying hard enough to save her, she kept on thinking to herself.

"I....I got to go." Lydia doesn't move to stop Derek from leaving the door, and from the sound of fading footsteps, nor does Clary.

Lydia at that moment wanted to join Derek and leave; not follow him, just leave this room.... Leave this white room where darkness decided to take her sister away.

She gets up, wiping her tears away. She could almost feel Jakeś and Claryś eyes on her as she does so. If your never one to cry, people tend to know when you do; and pay attention.

Before anyone could give her a pat on the back, a hug... or comforting words, Lydia leaves the room. No one stopping her.

Derek POV: "watch where your going kid!" The old man I recenltly ran into yelled with a deep, rude undertone.

"Siry....." I say this quickly, passing him by with a brush of my shoulder; I know I should be more careful on where I go when I use my vampire speed. But right now, I just don't care.

I didn't care where I went, or what anyone thought of the strange figure, walking around bumping into everyone, with flash powers. I didn't care about keeping myself hidden from the mundanes.

I just wanted to run. I just wanted her back.

I keep on running down the street, running through honking cars , and shouts of furry following.

I kept on passing through people that kept me from moving forward. That kept me from finding her.

I know it's stupid of me, but I felt like if I just walked around the city, I would see her caught somewhere tied up, waiting for someone to save her.

I felt stupid for missing her after what happened a couple days ago. It felt like yesterday. Or everyday after. The scene of her.... The scene of us was on replay ever since then.

I know what she said about not loving me the same way, but- She was still my best friend. Even if we never, I guess end up together that way, at least she's here at home and that we're still friends.

I didn't think about this while she was here. I was being selfish, and a terrible friend.

She needed me, and I just turned around and left her.. alone.