Chapter 11

Rose's POV

I groaned waking feeling cold. I looked around seeing none of the company. I sat up quickly and didn't see any Dwarves.

"Where did they go?" I yelled standing seeing the children.

Bain jumped and looked at me shocked. "I tried to stop them!" He gasped.

Bard walked into the house with a surprised look. "They went to the armory!" His youngest daughter gasped.

I growled and shoved past Bard heading towards the noise coming from the center of the town. How dare they leave me behind! If they would've taken me they wouldn't have been caught.

Something moved in the corner of my eye. Something dark. I froze and looked down the board walks watching the walls of the houses, the boats, behind crates. Still nothing moved.

Out of curiosity I walked towards where I saw the shadow move. Granted I had no weapon but my hands to defend myself but I didn't care at the moment. Curiosity was getting the best of me. 

I screamed when someone grabbed me from behind covering my mouth quickly muffling my scream. I was pulled into a hard chest. My heart raced against my rib cage. Looking up I saw Legolas.

"Orcs are in Laketown....find the company and leave." He whispered and let me go giving me back my daggers he took. "Take care of that baby, the line of Durin hangs by a thread. Do not let the pale Orc find out that you are pregnant. Protect yourself. Protect your king and princes." He said and gave me a small push towards the center of town.

I quickly took the daggers from him and thanked him before running back towards the center of all the commotion.

Pushing through many of the towns folk I ran straight into Thorin falling to the ground and on top of him.

He groaned loudly from beneath me. I sat up and looked down at him. Fear must have shown in my eyes. He quickly moved me and stood with me holding me close. "Amrâlimê, What is wrong." He whispered softly. His face full of worry. He cupped my face brushing my cheek to try and help me calm down.

I looked at him my heart still racing. "We need to leave....Orcs they are in Laketown." I whispered and looked at the company who had gathered around us.

Thorin looked over at Fili and Kili.

I frowned seeing Kili still weak and holding onto his brother. "He's in no condition to travel. He must stay here and rest." Thorin said sternly.

"But I want to go! It's my birthright to stand and fight with you. I long to see the great halls of the mountain. We've grown up on stories. Stories you've told us uncle. Please let me go." Kili begged.

Thorin shook his head as everyone loaded onto the boat. "You will slow us down." He said.

I looked back at Kili seeing him hurt. Fili pushes past me getting off the boat being grabbed by Thorin. "Your place is with me." He said.

"My place is my brother." Fili snapped pulling his arm away.

The motherly instinct in me told me, I too needed to stay. Thorin was grown and had the company to protect them. I watched as Óin stepped off and stood by Fili and Kili. "My place is with the wounded." He said and received an approved nod from Thorin

Soon I found myself too stepping off. Thorin grabbed me hurt flashed in his eyes. I cupped his face. "My king, you have the company to protect you. Help them into the mountain. I will stay and help Fili and Kili. Do not worry for me." I whispered brushing his cheek.

Thorin closed his eyes and pulled me into a hug. "Protect yourself and our baby, Amrâlimê. Do not put yourself in danger ok? I can't live without you." He whispered and pulled back and kissed me passionately holding me close to him.