Confession

Knock. Knock.

You got up and tiredly made your way towards the door, opening it to find Taehyung. It's been two weeks since Yoongi and you last talked.

"Taehyung?" you said when he didn't say anything.

"I don't know why I'm so nervous around you," Taehyung said with a laugh.

You forced a weak smile. "What's wrong?"

"I want to impress you... but I look like an idiot right now, don't I?"

You just forced a laugh. "What?"

"I just wanted to see you."

"We see each other nearly every day, you know."

Taehyung smiled. "That's not what I mean." He took a deep breath and then said, "Uh, the thing is, since I don't have any schedules, would you like to—"

You cut him off, knowing where it was going. "Let's not cross this line."

It came out harsher and firmer than you thought.

Taehyung stared at you. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Taehyung—"

"You know how I feel about you," he said quietly.

You closed your eyes for a brief moment before opening them. "Then you'd know I don't feel that way about you."

It was harsh and you didn't want to hurt Taehyung. However, there was no point hanging around him if he's going to think that you have feelings for him too.

"Just give me one chance."

Before you could say anything, he turned and left.