"Be happy"

"Taehyung?" your eyes widened after you opened the door to see him leaning against the wall, eyes on you.

Taehyung gave you a small smile as he stepped into your room. "Hi, Y/N."

"How could you just leave like that?" you hissed. "Do you have any idea how I felt after—"

"I give up," Taehyung said, loudly as he interrupted you.

You stopped talking.

"My head's clear and my eyes are open," Taehyung said softly. "I came back because of that." He paused, "Well, for a lot of reasons, actually."

"Tae—"

He shook his head. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" you said slowly.

"For being the reason you and hyung were separated for so long," he held up his hand when you were about to say something. "No, listen. Hyung stepped away because he knew how I felt. Honestly, I knew he felt the same way with you too. He stepped back because he loves the members and me," his eyes locked with yours and he smiled, "He loves you too."

Taehyung ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "I just didn't want to accept it. I should have been the better person and stepped back, not Yoongi. Maybe if I had then he wouldn't be so stressed out and you wouldn't be hurting."

You grabbed hold of Taehyung's hand, "I didn't want to hurt you..."

Taehyung rested his other hand over yours and squeezed it, "I know. You didn't lead the two of us on, that's why I've decided to give up. From the start, it's always been Yoongi, right?" he smiled again. "I didn't want to give you up but what's the point of holding on when I know that he's the one you'll only love?"

You were about to say something when Taehyung pulled you towards him and wrapped his arms around you. You hugged him back too.

"Be happy, Y/N," Taehyung murmured, "Deep down I knew that I didn't stand a chance." Taehyung pulled back, hands on your shoulders and smiled down at you. "No matter what happens, be patient with him. Yoongi is still trying to figure out what love is."

You felt tears in your eyes and nodded.

"Yoongi wanted me to be happy," Taehyung's eyes softened. "I should have known that he'd go lengths to make that happen. That's why he forgot how important his happiness is."

Taehyung ruffled your hair, "Well, I've got to get to work. Apparently, everything's been a mess since I've decided to go on my little holiday."

Blinking back the tears, you nodded, "Right."

Just as Taehyung was about to close the door, he looked back at you. "Y/N?"

You looked at him. "Yeah?"

"Make Yoongi the happiest man alive," Taehyung said softly. You saw that he meant it. Like the members have said before, Taehyung is the one who keeps everything to himself but keeps an eye out for the members whenever he can. It was obvious that he loves and cares about Yoongi, who knows, maybe even more than you.

You smiled brightly, "I will."