Gray Silk for Knowledge and Wisdom

Harry was visiting Tom again. Right now, they were playing checkers with a board Harry had stolen.... from the guards.

Honestly, their security sucked!

Luna sat nearby and suddenly, she perked up. Both Tom and Harry looked at her. Her shy blue eyes were unfocused.

"My mate is coming," she whispered and Harry gasped.

Mates were like the other part of your soul. They completed you, complimented you on your best ways and highlights you in others. Mates were the most sacred thing in a Creature's life. To betray a mate, would be to commit the most painful, deadliest and slowest way of suicide.

Tom blinked. "Well? Where is he? Don't you think you're a bit young for this? Is he a beta?" He asked.

Ah yes. The secondary genders. Alpha, beta and omega.

Alphas were the providers. They dominated, were generally aggressive and very territorial. They were the leaders of society.

Betas were the workers. They were generally like humans, with no special powers, but enhanced senses. They are the backbone of society.

Omegas were the weakest. They are the housewives, extremely fertile and submissive. They're able to give birth much better and safely than a female beta. They were the bïtches of society. While most omegas were shunned and even hated for their nature, Harry respected them. To be able to give birth to such horrid people, they practically helped the world. They were also the rarest, as most were dying out. They were less than 9% nowadays.

Only omegas and alphas could have a Mating bond.

Luna looked up into the distance. "She's coming."

"She?" Tom echoed while Harry screamed, "Chimera!"

A figure crashed into the clearing they were in. The figure was female, with long, unruly black hair and fierce purple eyes. She had a long snake at what ended at her backbone and two long, goat horns. A pair of leathery dark orchid wings were resting on her back. She looked fairly young, maybe a year or two older than Harry, who was now 8. She glared at them, and the snake on her butt hissed.

Tom hissed right back and both the girl and Harry started rather violently.

"You.... speak Parseltongue?" She whispered.

Tom frowned, then nodded tersely.

She fell on one knee, placing a hand over her heart. "Oh great speaker, I am honored to be in your presence. My name is Eveline Peverell."

Tom smirked haughtily and said, "Rise."

Harry frowned and Eveline stood up. She turned towards him, and said, "Is that your mate?"

Tom blushed and crossed his arms. "Your mate is right there." He pointed to Luna who was staring at Eveline with adoration. Eveline turned and stared at Luna.

"Well, I am honored to be blessed with a mate at such a young age."

Luna smiled and curtsied. "Hello, great Chimera. I am Luna, Luna Lovegood. It is a pleasure to have a mate as powerful as you. I have Seen your arrival years ago."

Eveline smiled. "You have learned of the Olde Ways, O Pure Unicorn. It's to be expected, as of a Seer. And one so strong as well.."

Harry blinked. "What are you talking about?"

Eveline glanced at him, turned back to Luna and gently took her hand. "As you are rather young, we shall abide by the Courting Laws."

She turned back to Harry, with her grim eyes. "Prince Hadrian Jameson Potter-Black. As royalty, I will teach you the Olde Ways." Tom gave him a glare, and Harry looked away. He would have to explain later.