Mustard Robes for Deceit and Caution

Dumbledore glared at the wall. How to get his weapon under his thumb? Harry already discovered his secondary gender as an alpha, and although that would cause problems, he could turn that in his favor. All he had to do was make sure Ginny turns into an omega and feed Harry a love potion.

'Yes, that would do nicely,' he thought, and leaned back in his chair.

Fawkes trilled sadly. When had his master turn so corrupted? He flashed away to his true master. Dumbledore didn't notice his pet's disappearance, too concerned over his plans.

Fawkes flew through the air, and landed next to his true master. Harry stirred and sat up.

"Fawkes? What is it?"

Fawkes cooed, and nestled closer to Harry, who sighed. He hugged the upset Phoenix, and then layed back down. The 14 year old alpha mumbled something, before he went back to sleep.

Fawkes stared at the young, phoenix hatchling, who was ignorant of his heritage and the oncoming war on the horizon.

The centuries-old phoenix suddenly flashed out of Harry's room with a burst of inaudible flame. He was transported in a clearing where he was immediately forced down and was gazing into the eyes of a young brunette.

He burst into flames, immune to the basilisk's stare and jumped back.

'Hello, young basilisk.'

The furious Naga hissed, and his forked tongue slipped over his lips to make a hiss.

"Who are you?! How did you get here?" The Naga bared his fangs.

The elderly phoenix settled down on a ledge of a rock in the cave, fluffing his feathers so it wouldn't be dirty. 'I am Fawkes. And you are able to understand the language of the Birds.'

The Naga crossed his arms. "I am fluent in many languages. How did you get here?"

'Young Harry is a phoenix. He is not like me, and I am not like him. He can transform into a phoenix, but I do not have a form like he does. I am here to warn you of the war that will come. The Unicorn seer is powerful, but she cannot See that far. My old master believes he can trick the young hatchling. Help him. He is your Mate, but he is gullible. He will fall if you do not help him.'

The Naga fidgeted. "But how? I am nothing. I have no powers that can heal. My only weapons are my hatred and my magic, but they can only harm."

Fawkes trilled a tune, which sounded oddly like laughter. 'Oh, hatchling. You do not realize. You have known him for over 5 years. You must Bond with him quickly, or he will be taken from you. Your charm is powerful. You can help him succeed.'

The naga stared at the floor, unsure. The Phoenix left him to his thoughts, and flew out of the hole. The stars sparkled and he flew to land near two females, a ravenette and a blonde.

The ravenette was alert in a flash. She stared at him, curling protectively around the thirteen year old girl next to her.

"What is it? Why have you come?" She snarled.

Fawkes bristled. This girl was dangerous, no matter how young she looked. 'I am Fawkes. I am not here to fight you.'

The girl glared at him, and suddenly, she struck. The snake on her tail bone wrapped around him and squeezed. He squawked, and tried to get free. The snake head hissed viciously and he stilled.

"Although you may not be attacking me, I will not take chances for my mate. Now, why are you here?"

Fawkes lowered his head in submission.

'I am here to warn you," he said, "of the oncoming war. But I believe you are already aware. You are The Chimera after all. You only come for your thirst of war.'

The girl glared, and the snake hissed threateningly. Fawkes huffed.

'Dumbledore believes he can manipulate Harry. You must continue your training. But hurry. That hatchling you have is the key to Harry's success. You must keep them together and establish their bond. Or you may lose both them and your mate.'

The Chimaera looked down on her small, weak looking mate. While Luna was powerful, she was not meant to harm. Her powers were made for peace, and she knew that her little omegan mate would not survive.

She turned towards the elderly phoenix with red burning irises.

"Tell me what to do."

Fawkes trilled.