Chapter Nine.

Austin's Pov

"Are they real?" Rylee asked me.

Yes. Every last feeling I have is real.

"No, I was just confused Ry. It didn't mean anything. It was just like me doing something in the spur of the moment and" Rylee cut me off, "No, don't worry about it. I understand. I'm getting a water, want a beer?" I didn't answer her, I knew she was going to bring me one anyways. I felt bad for lying to her, I felt even worse for lying to myself. I knew my feelings for my best friend was not something I would be able to handle, so it's just better if they're not spoken about. She needed someone to be there for her all the time, and someone to love her way better than I can. So, I'm putting my faith in Logan that he's going to do just that. Rylee came back with her nose sniffling, she handed me a cold beer that was opened and reached for the remote. I was going to talk to her about the entire thing, but I knew it would be no use.

I couldn't pay attention to the movie, I was so mad at myself for hurting her. I knew she felt the same way when she kissed me back the first time. We've always had a connection, whether she knew it or not. She meant the world to me, seriously. I would and will do anything for her to be happy. I made my way over to my bed after I cut my lights off. I looked at my phone and seen a few text messages from Allie, but I waited to open them until I seen what Ry posted. I had her on my push notifications, surprisingly she was the only one. She had posted the fireworks. I will forever remember that kiss with her, I felt the same sparks that we were watching.

Allie: Aus, wanna hang out tonight?

Allie: Nevermind, hanging out with Michael and Jenna.

Allie: Okay, am I just a fuck buddy???

Austin: No, actually come over rn.

Allie: Really?

Austin: Yes, come

Allie actually came over last night, we had a good time, but I felt bad because Rylee was over in the other room sleeping soundly. I would of much rather been with her then with Allie. I do this to myself, but it's just a big distraction so I won't get so hurt behind Ry. I looked over at Allie who was sleeping, looking so rough. I heard small knocks at my door before it opened. I didn't have time to think, should I pretend to be sleep, be awake, or hide Allie. By this time Rylee was already in the room. "Hey, Austi" She cut off her sentence when her eyes finally met Allie in the bed with me. Pretend not to care. I repeated to myself over and over again. "What's up?" I said kind of rudely to her. "I made breakfast for us, but I'm not hungry anymore. You two can have it." She closed the door behind her and I could hear her door closing behind her. I fucked up so bad.

"Good morning sweetheart, how was last night?" Allie said while moving the hair out of her face and putting her hand on my bare chest. "Wonderful." I replied dryly. We both got dressed and went downstairs. "Wow, who made breakfast?" Allie asked while grabbing a cup for her orange juice. "Me, I hope you like it." I heard Rylee's voice from behind us. I turned to face her, she had on a tank top and shorts with her bathing suit underneath. "Oh wow, that's nice of you." Allie said politely, but we all know the reason for that. "Hey, Austin. I'm going to the beach, I'm going to take the dogs for a walk first." "Okay, that's fine." She walked out leaving me alone with a clingy Allie. "Why didn't you tell me she was staying here?" She demanded to know. "Just a friend thing, babe. I promise." I told her, but it wasn't. Truth was, after that first kiss from Rylee I was going to keep craving more of her.

When Rylee made it back Allie had been left. "Hey, Ry. About that..." I began, but I didn't know why I would even be apologizing in the first place, this was my house and that was my girlfriend. "Butterbean, don't worry about that you have nothing to apologize for. We're just friends." In that instant, she took off her shirt and shorts leaving her in an easy accessible bikini. My mind began to wonder on all of the things I would do to her. "You coming or not?" She said as she changed her shoes from her vans to her sandals. "Um, yeah sure." I responded back to her. My mind was on more than one thing with her. It wasn't just lust, but it was love too. I wanted to experience that with her, now and forever actually.