ARC 1.6 : Onnell Maxwell

Two days had passed since the dinner with the Osmond's family, Elis's day were very calm and it goes just like before the dinner, Roland being spoiled much by Elis and Onnell being clingy like never before and now he even insist to picked up Elis and Roland from home and send them back home safely, he even starts holding her hands and refuse to let her go. Should Elis be happy or not, she could only accept it, beside her mission is much more important than someone's feelings.

"Fluffy..." Elis call her system slowly. Fluffy immediately shows herself and Elis ruffle her fur feeling somehow complicated.

"Yes host?" Fluffy asked.

"Did he..." Elis couldn't continue but Fluffy knows what she wants to asked so without further ado she show the last image from Carter.

The hologram show an old man around 70-80 sit on a wheelchair, his white hair were very evident but his eyes were still sharp, even so his body already were not that strong anymore. A young girl around age twenties walked towards the old man.

"Uncle... it's time to go back home." The young girl smile at him. The old man only nods and slowly the young girl push the wheelchair out from the garden. The girl chatted with the old man but the old man never say anything but on his hand a picture of a young girl with her smiling face can be seen.

"Uncle, do you miss her?" the young girl asked and the old man cough before he smile, he raise the picture for the young girl to see and caresses lovingly.

"Deeply." He answered. In his voice a lot of emotion could be heard.

"Do you want to visit her?" the young girl asked again.

"Yes, tomorrow it's her birthday." He answered. He smile as he looked into the picture again.

The hologram were fast forward and it stop where the old man look at the headstone, like in the last year he place the white lilies in front of the headstone.

"Happy Birthday Elis." He said, there was a long pause but finally he continued.

"This probably the last time that I'll be visiting you, my time is already near and hopefully I can see you after I've died, but with the sin and blood on my hand, I may not be seeing you. I'm sorry for that." The old man smile, hiding the pain that he felt on his heart.

"I'm sorry for not protecting you that day. I'm sorry."

"I love you. I really do."

A lone tears fall from his old eyes, he caresses the headstone as it was his lover, but suddenly his illness attacked him and he fall from his wheelchair, the young girl who was with him rush to her as she tries to call the ambulance and at the same time tries to find his medicine but the old man shove the phone away from her.

"No!" he said, the young girl start to cry and before she could find his medicine, the old man stop moving, he smile as he hold the headstone and slowly he close his eyes. That was the last time he held his breath as the young girl cry for him. She pick her phone and start dialling.

"Mother... Uncle passed away."

The hologram stopped and disappeared. Elis was lost in her own thought but she couldn't denied the hurt inside her heart, her tears were unstoppable.

"Fool!" she muttered but it was more on regret than pitying him.

"Fool!" she repeats it again. She start to blame herself for not realizing his feeling towards her, she start to blame herself for being so dense around him. She wipe her tears, her eyes glint with determination. 10 missions, and that's means she need to complete 10 world, 10 lifetimes. 10 lifetimes before she could meet him again.