Not to Late, Never to Late Sam x Reader

(Y/n) had a hard life.

She grew up with a parents as hunters who wanted her to be like them, saving people and killing monsters.

The family business.

She envied children who had normal lives, they didn't have to worry about dying anytime soon.

When she was 17 she ran off and got into a college, she had been homeschooled her whole life when she wasn't on the road or hunting that is.

Seeing other people like her, human beside her parents made her nervous.

Through out her first college years she was a loner until she met Sam.

He was studying law.

She had fallen in love with him, them two just clicked.

She and Sam had similar past, wanting them both to follow in their footsteps to continue the family business.

"Fixing cars.", sam had said.

"Being a doctor.", (y/n) had said.

(Y/n) wanted to tell Sam she loved him, and when she had finally gained enough courage to tell him she was heart broken at the out come.

She didn't tell him because then and there she found out sam was taken.

Sam had a girlfriend, Jess.

She could see it in Sam's eyes, the love.

The love she would never have.

Months went by and she stayed his friend hiding her love for him, faking happiness.

That's until the fire happened.

She had thought sam died in the fire but the fire fighters only found Jess body and no one else's.

So she left college and went out in search for him, it wasn't until years later when she was in her mid 30s that she had found sam.

And his brother dean.

Sam was surprised to see her and she him, sam explained everything to him and her to him.

They both were surprised at how similar their lives had been.

Dean was happy to meet one of Sam's old friends from his college days.

As months went by soon year's came, (y/n) had stuck with the Winchester's through it all.

She had been there with them by their sides supporting and protecting them.

Still the feeling of heart broken over took her, she had found out sam was messing with ruby.

And was going to kill Lilith who was the last seal to unleashing Lucifer.

In the field where Lucifer had been spotted at since sam killed Lilith, Michael stood in Adam the forgotten Winchester son vessel and Lucifer in his old vessels body.

"Just say yes Sam.", Lucifer says.

Sam wa giving up and losing hope, him and dean had just witnessed Bobby and Cas explode by Lucifer's hands.

Sam wanted to give in, he truly did.

"Yes!", (y/n) shouts stepping forward.

"Yes?", Lucifer askes with a raised brow.

Sam and dean stood in shock at (y/n)'s words, they couldn't even speak.

"I will be your vessel.", she says.

"I didn't ask for you human, I asked for Sam.", Lucifer says.

"Think about it. Sam won't say yes then there's me, willingly allowing you to take me and use me against them. I know all there secrets. All of them inside my head, just take me and you can see for your self.", (y/n) says stepping closer now.

"Fine then.", Lucifer says.

Before he fazes into her body she stops him, "Wait!-", she pauses teary eyed, "Just let me say something to them first.", she says.

"Fine.", Lucifer groans, "Make it quick."

"Dean your like the brother I never had, I wished I grew up with siblings and had a bond with someone like you have with Sam. I envie that bond and I'm glad to have shared that with you. And Sam...", (y/n) pauses allowing a tear to escape her eye.

"I wish I would have told you in college. But I was to scared to tell you. Do you understand what I'm saying Sam?", she says.

"Uh, no. No, not really. (Y/n) please don't say yes. Come over here just come to me.", sam says opening his arms almost as if he's waiting for her to run into them.

"I love you and it kills me not to tell you. So I'm just gonna say it now. I love you and I have always loved you. I loved you when I found out you were dating Jess and even when I found you years later. Sam I always loved you and I always will.", (y/n) says.

Sam feels his heart braking at her words.

"Times up!", shouts Lucifer before he fazes into her body.

"I'm sorry!", (y/n) screams out.

She grabs the rings from her pockets she had stolen from sam and dean onto the floor and then suddenly the portal to hell open up.

"No!", Michael screams out, racing towards her.

A few seconds (y/n) and Michael are struggling in each other's arms for a bit as one tries to fall into the portal while the other tries to stop it.

For a minute (y/n) managed to over power Michael, (y/n) managed to tip the two over in the direction of the portal and they both fell.

The portal closing up afterwards.