01 | W E l l

River-rose scribbled down multiple hearts with her blue ballpoint pen as she waited for her last class of the day to come to an end

River-rose scribbled down multiple hearts with her blue ballpoint pen as she waited for her last class of the day to come to an end. She listened and only spoke when she needed to; just as her boyfriend, Nico, instructed.

Loving Nico was something she was good at. She loved him with everything and practically did whatever he'd ask, or demanded. He had already graduated from her highschool last year and moved onto community college, leaving her to power through school on her own.

The sound of the chairs scraping backwards against the tiled floor halted River's doodling. She sighed in relief when she realized school was finally over. Suprisingly, despite the lack of attention she seemed to pay in school, she was actually excellent at it. She had to be. For her parents.

However, that didn't mean she enjoyed school. Even with the amount of people around her, she still felt completely and utterly alone.

Really, she was lonely everywhere. She was lonely at home because her parents were never there. They were workaholics as it seemed. Her father, the handsome man he was, owned his own law firm. He was always busy, always stressed. Her mother worked along side him, so the both of them hardly saw their own daughter.

Even though they worked a ton, River couldn't really bring herself to be mad at them. She was just glad their marriage was still going strong and they were still very much in love with each other. She hoped that Nico and herself would have love like her parents. It was something she wished for. Dreamed of even.

At school, River didn't make many friends, especially with boys. Not that she had much of a choice.

She was pretty with her honey-green eyes that contrasted brightly against her long, black hair. Her hair was so naturally dark that it seemed blue under certain lights. Her height of 5'3 gave her a cute aura and sometimes boys would get curious and try to flirt with her.

When Nico found out boys were flirting with his girlfriend, he got angry and eventually told her she couldn't be friends with males unless they were atleast six years younger than her. So basically, her friendship choices were pretty limited. River wanted to argue and tell him that wasn't fair but instead she held her tongue because she knew Nico only wanted what was best for her.

Unfortunetly, River didn't get along with girls to well because she felt she couldn't relate. It was the strangest thing. She couldn't even seem to hold up a simple conversation with the girls in her school.

Basically, it was just her; all alone. River was used to it though and she didn't dare complain. It wasn't like her to complain and she didn't feel the need to. Not now, atleast.

Once she was outside, her usual ride was waiting at the entrance of the gates of her highschool. She walked over to the black car and the driver got out at seeing her approach and opened the back door.