28 | V I S I T

"Hi Mama, hi Papa!" River-rose squealed as she hopped out of the car

Hayze chuckled as she skipped up to her parents who were sitting on the porch swing talking and drinking tea.

He shut the car door and locked it before walking up the pathway of his parent in-laws house.

"River, my dear. You look wonderful," her mother said as she stood up to give her daughter a hug.

She gave her mother a hug before leaning down to give her father a hug.

"When did you get this short dress?" Her father asked dissaprovingly as he pulled on the material of her dress. "If there was a breeze, i'd be able to see right up y-"

 "If there was a breeze, i'd be able to see right up y-"

"I think she looks quite cute," her mother cut in. "It's nice to see her wearing a dress. I could never get her in one." She looked at Hayze and gave him a small smile. "Though, why are you wearing sneakers with your dress?"

River stood on her tippy toes and twirled around. "Hayze likes them and i do too," she said as she stuck out her foot and wiggled it around, showing off her puma suedes.

He chuckled and stepped up beside her before hugging her to his side.

"Why are you two here without a warning? Don't tell me my daughter is already pregnant."

Hayze could hear River's breath hitch before she hid her face into his chest. "Papaaaa," she whined, hiding her blush.

"I wouldn't mind you being pregnant," her mother added. "I'd like a grandchild."

"I wouldn't mind either," Hayze whispered so only she could hear but then he looked over to his in laws. "No, she's not pregnant. She's only eighteen. We just wanted to stop by and say hello."

"Oh, how sweet," her mother sighed. "But are you guys sexually active? Or are you not at that stage yet?"

"Mamaaa," River groaned.

Hayze laughed quietly before subtly trailing a hand down her back and to her plump bum. He gave a gentle squeeze and she looked up at him with wide eyes. "I think that type information should stay between the married couple. But i will say, we are much closer than our wedding day."