19 | Y O U R S

When River-rose caught sight of the stunning woman she now knew as Merissa and her husband; the same man that said that he'd show her what love was, kissing in the middle of his study, her heart literally dropped and shattered

When River-rose caught sight of the stunning woman she now knew as Merissa and her husband; the same man that said that he'd show her what love was, kissing in the middle of his study, her heart literally dropped and shattered. Just like that glass cup that Hayze had spent his time picking out of her skin.

"H-hayze," she whimpered.

Merissa was roughly shoved away from him and he looked angry, guilty and sad all at one time. The woman fell to the ground and River was having a hard time beleiving Hayze had been so rough with Merissa. He was always gentle with her.

"Bella rosa," he whispered as he neared her. "I promise you," his accent was coming through now. It was thick and full of distress. "Non mi somo ricambioto."

(I didn't kiss back.)

She shook her head in disbelief, her eyes watering and she hated that this man suddenly held so much control over her emotions.

"I don't understand you," she said quietly through her tears.

"Mi dispaice bella rosa. Sono solo fedele a te. Sono tuo," he said desperately as he raked his hands through his hair.

(I'm sorry pretty rose. I'm only loyal to you. I'm yours.)

"I don't understand!" She shouted in frustration. Hayze looked seriously taken aback. He'd never think that she'd raise her sweet voice to him but she had every right to.

He turned to Merissa and glared at her with such coldness that the room even seemed to feel the chill. "Get out!" His accent was still fully in play. "This is your fault. Don't ever come near my property again or i'll get a restraining order."

Merissa scrambled up and grabbed her purse before speed walking out the door, giving River the nastiest glare she could muster.

River's eyes widened when Hayze rushed over to her and she tried to escape his grasp. The thought of him touching her with the same hands he touched Merissa with made her sick.

"My rose, don't be like this. I'm glad you haven't run away but let me hold you. I promise you, i am only loyal to you." He said as he slowly stalked towards her. His posture was straight and tall just radiating dominance.

"If you're loyal to me, than why did i see you kissing her?"

He sighed. "She kissed me. I never kissed back. It was partly my fault because i should have seen it coming. But i promise you, it only feels right to kiss you. Ever since i met you, my lips have only wanted to be on yours."

She shifted uncomfortably and backed up against the desk as he neared her.

"I only smile when i hear your name. When i hear you talk."

When he reached her, he caressed her cheek and ran his finger down her jaw, past her neck and to the top of her small round breast. She shivered a little and suddenly she felt like hitting her head against a wall for being so reactive to his touch even though he had just kissed another.