17 | H A P P Y

Like a little cat, she peaked up out of the grass and waited for Blue to come her way

Hayze had apparently trained him well enough to know the basics of hide and seek and River-rose had used it as a way to entertain herself when Hayze was at work and she had done her online school work.

As Blue sniffed his way through the grass, she watched eagerly, waiting for him to walk in her direction. Suddenly he turned towards her and started trotting forwards. She crouched down lower in the patch of flowers, preparing herself to pounce on him.

Just as Blue got close enough for her to reach, he perked up and suddenly she was flying through the air.

She screamed and shut her eyes tightly as she hovered upside down, her hair flowing around her and blowing through the breeze like the little flowers were.

"What were you doing, pretty girl?" She giggled when she heard the playfulness in her husbands voice.

She opened her eyes and used her core strenth to look up at him. "Hi Hayze."

He chuckled and shook his head as he slowly adjusted her in his strong, muscled arms so she wasn't upside down any longer.

He placed her down and she took the time to scan his outfit.

He looks so good

She swore she was feeling light headed as she scanned over his white shirt and navy blue pants that fit so well to his toned thighs and legs. He also had on thin dark suspenders that looked a lot like the color of her hair under the light. His wrist held a huge gold watch and his wedding ring shone shiny on his ring finger. His hair was perfectly slicked to the side, though a little strand hung limp off the front of his head. He stood very tall and broad compared to her, basically covering her with his shadow.

"Should i spin like you do when i'm checking you out?" He joked.

She blushed and looked down at her bare feet, wiggling her light purple painted toes in the dewy grass.

"Were you trying to scare my pup?" He asked with a small grin on his face.

She shook her head sheepishly and looked up at him. "You're back home early."

A huge smile that made his cheeks narrow and his jaw even more prominent lit up on his face. "This is the first time you've called this place home." She laughed nervously. "I like that."

He neared her and placed his large hands over her cheeks. "I came home early just for you, pretty girl." He kissed her nose and she smiled up at him, her eyes twinkling. "Are you happy?"

She nodded enthusiastically and gripped his dress shirt in her small hands. "Yes, very."

He placed a hand at the curve of her back to press her into him. "Good. You make me happy," he whispered as he leaned down and brushed his lips over her cheek. "Come baby girl, i had Vito buy some ingrediants for baking. I'm going to make some bread."