1.

WHAT HAPPENED WITH HER THAT NIGHT ?

Loud, angry sound of truck's engine rolled over the air, when clouds started fighting against each other in the dark sky. Rain was already drenching the surrounding with thick, sharp drops, making it difficult for driver to see clearly.

Somehow, irritated driver halted his vehicle near the building, but not before crushing the metallic can of wine beneath the tires.

Crushing sound smoothly reached over her ears.

She breathed and her chest rose, filling her empty lungs with little life. She felt an unique sensation on her skin when one sharp drop of rain impinged against her forehead. The drop was warm against her cold skin.

When another drop landed on her lips, she moaned with ache in her throat. It was the first pain she was experiencing, there were more to come.

When her ears heard the voice of crumbling plastic material over her head, she dared to open her eyes. It was her mistake.

Piercing drops of rain brought wounds on her skin into life. She screamed as warm water sunk onto her lecerated knee and wrist. Her cries got louder and louder. She rolled on metallic floor of truck with extreme pain all over her body. It was hard for her to breath then. She was helpless, because her hands were tied.

Where she was?

"Hey man, she got conscious." One middle age, burly man with shaggy beard approached screaming girl. Adjusting his umbrella on his shoulder, he took out can of alcohol from his pocket and winced as bitter liquid burned his rough throat. He galloped the liquid in one go and hit the can on the floor with crackling sound. Rubbing his mouth with back of his hand, he once again studied the girl in front of his eyes.

She was pretty with long hair. Her skin was smooth, but covered with wounds. Her face was angelic, but pale as though someone had sucked blood from her body. And her eyes...screaming the innocence.

Smirking wickedly on girl's pathetic condition, man held girl's one feet. His rough hand trailed her creamy skin.

"I think time has come, master," he hollered, keeping eye on the girl. "Where the hell are you?"

Sound of running footsteps over the wet floor mixed with droplets of the rain. It was another burly man, with face covered in black cloth. He was taller than the earlier one. With black clothes and scar, cutting his bushy eyebrow, he appeared dangerous. As the new man stared the bearded man with dangerously glinting emerald eyes, wind blew in the surrounding.

New man looked at the earlier man, nodded and got into the truck. Flexing his fingers, he took one bag from the corner and dug out one rope.

Without wasting much time, he kneeled beside the screaming girl. He didn't show any mercy as he harshly grabbed girl's legs and tied them together with strong rope. For a little while, he appreciated the mesmerizing beauty of the girl. Her rising and falling chest made his hold on the rope loose.

The girl was like an art for his eyes. Even in her pain, she looked extremely gorgeous to him.

His rough hand slowly extended and caressed her smooth face. She couldn't feel his touch though, because her whole body was numb beyond limit. She just wanted relief from the pain.

She wasn't getting it soon though.

The man immediately lifted her off the metal in his brawny arms. For a moment he ogled her face and then get down from the truck.

Thickness of the rain rose as clouds bursted in the sky. Without taking support of umbrella, tall man took writhing girl to the barricade.

Now girl could hear crushing of waves from somewhere. She was near to the sea, she sensed it. Smell of sand and fish reached over her nose and she winced.

She was in trouble, trouble which was hard than her wounds.

As the man placed her on the drenched concrete floor, she was still writhing with pain in all parts of her body. Her screams were louder than the thunder -- it was unendurable.

Man, who had carried her in his arms, gestured one lady for something to bring. The lady, whose face was covered with red cloth, dug her hand in her jute bag and took out one syringe and one small bottle with red liquid. She quickly handed it to the tall man and folded her hands across her chest.

The man filled the syringe and handed the tiny bottle back to the lady. He then gestured the lady with his fore finger to give him something more. The woman understood his gesture and took out cigar from her purse. She lit the roll with the lighter and placed in between man's parted lips. He inhaled the smoke through his mouth and when lady took the cigar out, he exhaled the poisonous smoke with expertise.

"Man, she is so beautiful!" The man with shaggy beard commented, leering at the struggling girl. "Do you really want to do it, man?"

The man with syringe pounced on bearded man and grabbed his throat, squeezing his breath. Blazing emerald eyes of the capturer, scared the man to his death. His eyes widened.

"Forgive me, master! Forgive me!" he pleaded for his life and the outraged man threw him on the floor with thud.

"Don't repeat that again," the lady hissed, glaring the man who was then struggling with his breaths.

The outraged man shifted his gaze at the lady and then to the the girl in pain. He didn't waste much time after that. He darted towards the girl in pain and grabbed her wrist. As the needle pierced the skin of the girl, she screamed louder than before. Her pain rose to extreme level as the poisonous liquid mixed with her blood, burning her veins.

Why they were doing that to her? Why she had been given such a torture? Who was he?

Outraged man then looked over his shoulder and gestured the people behind him to say what he had told them to say.

All nodded and began saying:

"Betrayer! Betrayer!" Their voice synchronized with thunder. It was cacophony for girl's ears. It was increasing her pain, making her hard to breath.

Showing no mercy, the master once again lifted the girl off the floor and blazed towards the ocean. Behind him the voice was still loud and clear.

"Betrayer! Betrayer!"

As the master reached over the edge of the ocean, he took a last glance at the girl and whispered in her ear:

"Betrayer."

As soon as the word left out of his mouth, he flung the girl in the ocean. Loud splash of water reached over people's ears and they grinned with ecstasy.

"Victory! It's victory!" They shouted and the master's triuphant guffaw echoed in the surrounding.

"It's a victory!"

***

Surprise! Surprise! I know I've told you all that first chapter of this story would come in October, but after your lovely response and my growing excitement for this story, I'd decided to bring it to you on weekly or random schedule. :)

In this story I'm challenging myself as a writer. Shifting from one genre to another helps me to grow and even to write fast with good grammar. ;)

Do share your views on first chapter to build confidence in my writer's soul. :)

Till then keep reading and stay happy. :)

Love you all so much :)