9.

Car drew by after the exit of the beast

Car drew by after the exit of the beast. No one spoke anything, but my mind was talking continuously. My body was shivering with fear, and my palms turned clammy.

Who was that beast who would be my roommate? Why he would be my roommate? What was his purpose? Why was he so violent? And why he called Samson and the driver a betrayer?

Betrayer.

Chills ran down my spine as I reminisced the pronunciation of that word in my first encounter with the master. The way the people behind him shouting the word, it seemed that I'd commuted huge crime. There was clear hatred in that single word which screamed...justice? To whom? Have I done something wrong with someone? Was I bad to hurt someone?

Tears stung my eyes. If that was the truth I would not able to forgive myself.

I pressed side of my head on the glass of the car window and looked at the running trees, in the hope that I would get the answers.

"Don't worry about him." I lifted my head off the glass and turned to face Samson. He was scratching middle of forehead, with closed eyes, as though trying to control his thoughts. " He is no harm."

I didn't believe him.

"He seemed," I gulped before daring to say further, "violent."

Samson stopped scratching and heaved a deep breath, tapping his fore finger on the area above his forehead.

"He...um is little aggressive, but not violent."

He was just trying to calm me down, that was it. That was the truth.

When my disbelief reached over him, he shook his head and turned to pay all his attention to me. Placing his arm on back of the seat, he glued his eyes on mine.

"Look," he drummed his fingers on the seat. "He may be violent with me and Rick, but_"

"Rick?"

Samson nodded in the direction of the injured driver, and I understood. 

"So what I was telling is that, Zander could be violent with us, but he will maintain his limits with you."

"And why would he?" I crossed my hands, challenging Samson to explain his empty statement. I really didn't believe the beast.

In place of answering me, Samson maintained silence and stared me with pressed lips. After some moment, he ran his hand over his hair.

"Do you have any other option rather than believing me, Heather?" His question challenged me immediately, and my lips stuck together.

I literally didn't have option rather than believing Samson. My identity in Venexsus was yet to to reveal, and for that I had to depend on Samson,even if I didn't want. To solve the mystery around me, I had to believe Samson. If he was saying, Zander would not be violent with me...with heavy heart I'd to accept it.