29.

Silver was soundly sleeping beside me on my bed, covering herself with furry blanket

Silver was soundly sleeping beside me on my bed, covering herself with furry blanket. On the other side, I was staring at the clock, hearing each tick with focus.

It was 12: 56 am, and sleep wasn't clouding my eyes. How could I sleep when Zander was present in my house? How could I lay on my bed when Silver had told me something big about Andrew?

3 hours back...

It was Sunday, so it was a holiday mood, which I loved the most. It used to be one and only day where I would enjoy at my place. When Ruin was staying with me, the case was different. He would cook for me and then we together would have lunch and dinner with ecstasy. After that we would sit on the sofa and watch some movies which he would bring. Those movies used to be either of some evil or wild animals. It was funny that he never showed me any human movie.

Now, without Ruin, my life was bitter and empty. On his place Silver was munching the dinner, forgetting everything around her. While doing it, her gaze would flit between her food and then at the door of Zander's room.

"He shouldn't have been here. It's dangerous," she mumbled, gnawing morsel of her salad.

"For whom?" I chewed on my food while asking, and Silver's posture hardened. She tightened her fingers around the fork.

"Um for us, of course," she fumbled with her words. As she caught my sceptical gaze, she avoided me and put down her head, poking the fork on her food.

"And why is that?" When I didn't get any reply from her, I pressed further. "It's my right to know why Zander is dangerous. He stays in my house, so_"

"Answer is simple, Heather -- Andrew has sent him here. Isn't that enough."

Yes, it was more than enough. Andrew's sending Zander behind Silver -- it definitely meant something big.

Silver's expression hardened as she poked the fork on the bread, not to eat, but to do something different, something weird and violent. She, with sharp move, cut the bread into two and threw one part on the floor.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I scrunched my face. "Why you are wasting food?"

"Just for fun." Her nonchalant shrug got into my head.

"What do you mean by 'fun'?" I clenched my hand. "I hate people when they throw food like that. You are not creating a good base for our friendship, Silver."

Her smirk slithered into my nerves. "Relax, darling," she shoved other part of the bread in her mouth; candle on the table creating a shards of light in her beautiful eyes. "Why so angry? Try to understand."

"What 'try to understand?"

She slowly leaned forward, placing her hand on either side of her plates. "Hidden secret."

My frown deepened. What she was trying to say? What Hidden secret she was talking about?

"Try to decipher it, Heath. You'll soon see it."