4.

After fifteen days

After fifteen days...

GIRL

"Betrayer!"

Melody of my soft breathing etched in my heart, and I winced.

'You are betrayer!'

Something tugged against my throat, and my stomach churned as salty water swirled in my mouth and stomach. I could sense intestines in my abdomen curling with my extreme pressure on my body. My chest was raising and collapsing with my each raspy breath.

"You killed me_"

And I wailed as something pierced my heart, jerking me into life.

"No!" I screamed, hurting my throat, and veins in my forehead. My jaw ached as I emanated continuous screams from my heart. My eyes were closed, but I could sense blazing light on my face.

'Betrayer! Betrayer!'

Those words were still burning my heart, and it's unendurable. Those words carried no meaning for me, but still they felt acidic to my heart. I just wanted to stop the play of those words in my mind.

I clutched my temples and shook my head furiously to stop everything -- my raspy breaths and deadly ache in my body.

"Stop it!" Last scream escaped my lips, and I found two soft hands holding my arms.

"Relax, Heather! Calm down!"

It was soft breeze of kindness which gently blew my wounds and struggle. The voice seemed like an ice to me on my burning soul.

"Just breath, Heather!" The feminine voice whispered, slowly pushing me back on something fluffy. "Okay? Just lie down!"

Closing my eyes, I followed her instructions, with my slow breaths.

"Breath slowly, Heather. Trust me," she told me, and I did. I trusted her. When she placed her hand on my forehead, I inhaled loudly and deeply, letting tissues in my blood to come into life.

"Now open your eyes. Slowly, very slowly."

As she said, with series of my steady breaths, I leisurely lifted my eyelids. The vision seemed blur, but when the soft-spoken instructor instructed me to blink, I did it. Soon, vision became clear, but something poked in corner of my eyes.

"Heather?"

My iris shifted from the perfect white ceiling to the voice.