28.

Sullen face, huge backpack on the shoulder and crimson mark beneath the eyebrow; Zander singed my heart with his intimidating aura. Adjusting his black leather jacket, when he struggled to curve his lip in small smile, my inner self told me that it wasn't good. The way his eyes roamed over my body, I shifted on my spot.

Something horrible was about to come.

"Don't have I the permission to get inside?" His hoarse voice painful to my ears. " By the way, Andrew has sent me here."

I immediately gestured him to get in. He entered with straight shoulder, his dirty snickers spoiling the floor, and threw his heavy backpack on the chair beside Silver. She flinched and jumped on her heels, drilling holes of anger on Zander's face.

"Why are you here?" she curled her fingers in fist; veins in her neck tightened with the force.

Zander, as I'd expected, gave her crooked smile and put the hands on pocket of his navy blue jeans.

"Are you deaf?" he pressed his forefinger against his left ear, and his that rude action made Silver contort her face with Rage. "Didn't you hear me telling her," he pointed his long finger at me, "who sent me here?"

For a moment it felt Silver would snap back, but she didn't. Instead, she galloped gurgling fear, which was clear on her face, and grabbed her bag.

"I don't understand him," she growled and stormed in my room, without even asking me where should she stay.

And now, I and Zander were alone, without any sound. There was just whirling of fan on the ceiling and furious beats of my heart.

I squirmed on my spot when Zander dug out a cigarette and lit it with weird shape lighter. It was really a weird shape, same as snake where emerald pearl was glinting. Beneath the pearl was a tiny diamond which looked calming than the other things about the lighter.

"Anything wrong?"

Never in the last one month, I'd imagined myself talking with Zander. His memory was long gone from my life, but now when he himself was asking me what was wrong, he was unaware that he was the one who was wrong in my life.

Why was he so intimidating? And why Andrew had sent him to me? Was it for me or Silver?

"Would you like to have something?" I asked instead  just to avoid my awkwardness.

"Peace."

"Huh! Sorry?"

"I want some peace."

He wanted peace, when he was the one of those who wiped out peace from my life.

Clearing my throat, I just nodded and get into the kitchen to cook something for me and Silver. As I begun my way, I caught Zander following me in the kitchen.