42.

Five years back

Heather

When I opened my eyes, unknowingly my tongue brushed over my lips. Salty with particles of bitterness on it. Lack of energy in my body dried my throat. It was even hard for me to have a normal breath. My eyelids were stiff.

I was struggling with myself, when I sensed someone skulking somewhere I was lying. Forcing my lethargic body to sit upright, when I roamed my heavy eyes all around myself, I caught myself in the box of white walls. Some red roses were kept in blue vases in each corners of the wall. Huge brown, wooden door was closed, and foggy, transparent curtains obscuring the windows.

Where was I? It wasn't in my room.

Slowly I drifted my eyes beside me.

Scream emanated my mouth. Breath choked in my throat and eyes widened with shock.

One man with no clothes on his body was lying on the bed in prone position. He wasn't George. He wasn't my husband. He was a damn stranger whom I had never seen in my life.

When realisation hit me hard, I pulled myself back from the man who was peacefully sleeping beside me, placing his heavy hand on my belly. While pulling myself away from him, my right foot hit him on his hip, and he jerked out of his peaceful sleep.

On opening his eyes, his gaze fell upon me. Little concern bloomed on his face. When his eyes lingered on my body, I looked down at myself.

I was in same clothes which I had worn while coming to see...George.

George? Where is he? I had caught him red handed with a girl? He had betrayed me? But how I reached here? And who the hell was the man who was staring me with deep concern?

Tears stung my eyes.

"Who_Who are you?" My weak throat managed to remove those words out.

Man squinted his eyes and braced himself up with two hands. "Samson." He was still holding concern on his face. "You_you are okay?"

"How dare you to ask me that?" I snapped, pulling my already messy hair. " Why have you brought me here? Who are you? And where is George?"

"You_you'd told me that you'll not say his name when you're with me."

"What?" I frowned on his words. "What the hell do you mean?"

He cleared his throat, avoiding my gaze, and said: "I am your boyfriend. You forgot?"

"Boyfriend?" Was he mad to say that. I had never imagined myself with anyone than George. George was my everything. I couldn't even think of someone else even in my worst dream. "Where is George?"

"You_you are saying that again, darling?" His smile faltered. He wasn't confident about what he was doing, what he was speaking. I grasped it. It meant...someone was making him do this.

"Who_" My remaining words hung on my tongue when suddenly someone pushed the door open and...George barged in.

No anger. No haste about anything. He was calm as the ocean, as though he knew what he was doing and what was about to happen.

"George_"

"Betrayer," he said it so dangerously, fear crawled on my skin. His eyebrows knitted together, and nose scrunched as though I'd done some crime, he hadn't.

He wasn't the same George I loved. Mask of his love was broken, and there was now only a monstrous aura which was surrounding him hazardously. His each visible breath speaking terror. Love was nowhere around him, just hatred.

"You betrayed me, Heather," he growled, obscuring his loving nature.

"What?"

"You are the betrayer." What was he saying?

"No!" And what was happening to me. Why I wasn't reacting with my full force?

"You cheated me for him?" He uttered those acidic words on me, pointing his accusing finger at the stranger beside me.

I veered my gaze at the man to tell him to tell the truth. I pleaded him, but he didn't say anything. He just sat there, dropping his head, with remorse? Why was he silent?

"You broke my heart," George was coming closer, his aura of rage seared my skin. I crumpled the bed sheet beneath me in horror.

What was he going to do to me? Would monster in him destroy me?

I pulled my body behind. Everything around me was unbearable.

"Stop, George!" I screamed with flooded eyes, but George didn't have any love or kindness left for me. He was hard. He was cruel.

When he suddenly pulled me towards him, grabbing my wrist, my skin burned with intensity. I winced and when pain turned unendurable, I screamed. I fought for my freedom. I struggled for my life.

"You are a betrayer," George said those words again and placed his hand on my forehead.

Everything went numb then. I could feel blood in my body clotting. Sanity of my brain skulked beneath the particles of terror which George was sending in me. I could only hear sound of vibrations all over my body, and nothing else. I could hear only the footsteps of death.

Slowly I was loosing control over myself. My muscles turning lethargic and I sensed my shoulder sagging with load of pressure sent by the man in front of me.

Who was he? Who was I? What was it? What was happening to me? Suddenly, nothing made any sence.

One by one, my brain was getting empty. One by one words, memories, struggle, pain...were wafting and mixing in the air...And I was just like a skeleton, only experiencing the darkness.

Just a dead silence.

***

Hey guys, seing you after so many days. I know it was bad of me to leave you on the cliffhanger for so long. Sorry for that.
So many things have changed in my life now. One month back, I experienced horrible scene of my life. I lost someone who was one of the most important parts of my life -- my grandmother, who used to be always there beside me whenever I used to write my stories.
Now, when suddenly she's not there around me, I felt lost. 2018 ended in my life with bad note.

But as it is life, I have to come out of it as soon as possible. Not only for myself, but for those are around me right now. Sometimes sudden disappearance and change throws us off guard, but now I understood that life is unpredictable. Anything can happen here. Our work is only to keep on moving forward, no matter what.

As now, I've decided to start fresh, I'll try my best to publish next chapter randomly. I hope you guys understand.

Thank you so much for your continuous support and love. :)

Love you all so much. :)

Stay happy and keep reading and loving. :)