16.

Connection

Connection.

Abouwhat connection Samson was talking? Was it my connection with Ruin, about which even I didn't knew? What did the 'R' mean? Was it the R of Ruin?

I was confused. Everything around me was confusing.

When I absentmindedly pushed the door of my room open, after finishing my short coffee conversation with Samson, my eyes didn't find Ruin on my bed. Sheets on my bed disheveled and the cushion was not on its place. The glass of water which I had kept on the coffee table was fallen down and there was water all around my bed.

What had happened?

My eyes immediately searched for Ruin. Where he went? I couldn't find him. He was injured. Where would he go?

Hastily I checked him in the washroom. He wasn't there too. Would he be in the hall? Chances were less, because Samson and I had not heard somebody's presence in the hall.

"Ruin?" I called out, coming out my room. Nobody answered. Even Samson didn't come out of his room after my loud voice. Not even Lara came out.

What the hell?

I again got into my room and roamed my eyes on the vacant bed. I rubbed my forehead. My mind was void to think anything. That's when open window came into my view. How my eyes didn't catch it first?

I remember me closing it while placing the glass of water on the coffee table, before having conversation with Samson.

Ruin opened it, didn't he?

I immediately rushed towards the window.

Bone-chilling breeze blew on my my face. I winced with the impact, but my eyes caught him walking straight towards the highway. With bloodstained shirt, which Samson had removed and kept aside, Ruin was moving straight in direction of highway. Huge moon was accentuating his tall figure and shadow.

Where was he going? Was he fine?

I had to go to him.

Without wasting single second, I put on my only shoes and rushed out of my room.

As I dared to move out of the house, fear ran down my spine. I had never been out alone. The night, horrific night, was already hovering over my head, and it was scary. Sulky road and contiguous tall trees were defining the evil truth of the Venexsus.

I quailed when angry wind blew my hair. I had to move fast to stop Ruin from going somewhere. Nothing seemed fine. Something big and horrific was about to unfold -- I had sensed it. Ruin's going out of the house definitely wasn't safe. I had to stop him.

Avoiding gurgling fear in my body, I ran to stop Ruin. Weird cries of bats and animals were evoking panic in me, but it would not help me. Stopping Ruin was important for me, nothing else.