18.

The next day when I woke up in the hall, I was curled in one corner, where I hadn't allowed anyone to even touch my hair. I was mess, a crying mess. Everything around me was mess. Each and everyone was mess.

The word which haunted me while I was near to the death, was again in my life and that too from the mouth of someone who was connected to me.

"Sorry, Heather! I really am sorry. Please, stop crying. Stop hurting yourself."

"Go away, Ruin!" I screamed and yanked his hand, before it could touch my skin. I didn't want anyone to touch me. "Please, leave me alone!"

"I can't, Heather. I can't," Ruin hunched beside me, holding my shoulder in spite of constant efforts of pushing him way. "It's all because of me. I shouldn't have said that."

"It's not your mistake," I was furiously rubbing my eyes to stop tears from streaming down, but my pained emotions were not allowing me to do it. "You are right. I am a betrayer; he had said it too while throwing me in the ocean to die. I could still feel their curse on my skin." Once again I broke into tears with my heart paining against my chest. I scratched my itching hands and neck, trying to scratch the existence of 'betrayer' from my skin and then soul.

"You_you are not betrayer, Heather," Ruin held my both shoulder, trying to hold my gaze. I shut my eyes close and bit my under lip to endure my unendurable pain. I didn't have even guts to look into Ruin's eyes. In my eyes, I was betrayer and it was only making me weak bit by bit.

Who I had betrayed? Why? Was I bad? Was someone in pain because of me? And how Ruin did come to know about it?

Questions were many, but answers...null.

My eyes began burning and constant appearance of tears was making it worse.

"Please, Heather, stay calm," Ruin circled his hand on my back, but it was not helping me. Wounds were fresh and unfortunately I wasn't getting any treatment; even Ruin's constant attempt to pacify me wasn't useful.

I needed answers, that's it.

"What's wrong?"

And then that voice came. Samson.

My pain was still there in my heart, but I got the source of treatment. He was the one who could give me the answers.

Wiping acidic tears off my cheeks, I stood on my wobbly legs and ran to Samson. He stumbled back as I wrapped my arms around his torso tightly. I needed warmth. I needed love.

"Heather, what's wrong?" Concern was clear in Samson's sweet voice. His voice was like ice on my burning emotional wounds. Gulping and coughing I pressed my face on his chest to never leave him again.

"Did someone hurt you?"

"I_I am sorry. It_it was me," Ruin's broken voice spread in the hall. He was scared and guilty. Was I making him guilty? I shouldn't have that. I shouldn't have slapped him calling me betrayer when he himself didn't know who was he?

Yes, I had slapped. I didn't how it how it happen. Immediate anger surged in my blood and I did a huge mistake of slapping him when he was already hurt-- physically and emotionally.

I emanated my last sob and unwrapped my arms. "He hasn't done anything," I told Samson, looking straight in his eyes, feeling guilt in my heart. He blinked, carrying serious expression on his face and then shifted his gaze, a hard gaze, to Ruin, who was then on the verge of crying. He was just standing like a child who commited a small mistake. He hadn't done anything. He hadn't done anything purposely, I could feel that.

"Get in your room, Ruin," Samson said it, and that was it. Ruin's eyes flooded with tears, and he walked into his room without saying anything. He was hurt, just like me. This time my behaviour hurt him.

"What did you do?" Samson asked me from behind. I froze and dug my teeth in my under lip.

"I_I slapped him for calling me betrayer," I struggled with my words. Putting my head down, I stared my feet. Gasp escaped my lips as Samson put his hand on my shoulder.

"He kissed you?"

How did he come to know? Heat rose my face. What to say when I was too shy to say 'yes'.

"He did, didn't he?"

No words were coming out of my mouth. I just nodded and licked my lips, bringing the beautiful image in front of my eyes. I

"He shouldn't have," Samson said and my eyes jerk opened. I swiveled and held his expression. There was nothing on his face which was telling lies. He was again serious. His such form scared me every time.

When he didn't try to explain his comment, I broke my silence. "What do you mean?" My tongue was heavy. "Why he shouldn't have kissed me?"

"Because you are still not out of your..." he squeezed shut his eyes and clenched his jaw as though he didn't want to say what he was about to say. "...your curse."

Why everything didn't fall apart and I died? Why I was alive to hear that?

I was cursed. Why? For betraying someone? Who? Why? And by doing what? Who had cursed me?

My feet shook, and I was about to collapse on the floor when Samson hold me. Immediately concern spread across his face. His eyes glistened as his fingers curled around my upper arm. Before I could understand anything he pulled me up and hugged me tight. My head was still heavy. I was on the verge in falling in the darkness when he whispered, pressing his lips on top of my head:

"Sorry, Heather. Sorry that I can't save you."

And my world darkened.

***
Hey guys, I know this chapter was small, but it's for the reason. Revealing a new side of Samson is what I wanted to tell you in this chapter. Next chapter will be of something very different.

Till then keep reading and stay happy.

Next chapter is coming on Sunday. :)

Love you all so much ❤